Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought GM/Dodge V2- CAN'T SCAN, CAN'T TUNE, CAN'T READ, NO TEXT.OPTIONS.

Exclamation Just bought GM/Dodge V2- CAN'T SCAN, CAN'T TUNE, CAN'T READ, NO TEXT.OPTIONS.

I used the install cd. Did the updates.

NOW I HAVE A $1500.00 PAPER WEIGHT THAT LIGHTS UP!

I even tried to connect with 7.5 scan tool and prompted incompatible with 7.5, download and install 8.

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO TO GET THIS WORKING.

EFILIVE V8 SCAN AND TUNE APPLICATION shortcut is on my desktop. V2 control panel shows up when v2 is connected to my laptop. F2 Scan and F3 Tune says Not Released.

So where do I go to open a freaking scan window?

Frustrated. YUP. I google searched and saw I wasn't the only one.
    Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

Don't know if this helps but in this C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EFILive\V8\
    I do not have an efilive under Application Data.
    Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

Hi Dragon,
    You need to ensure you have the lates Bootlog and Firmware. If you have not already, go to the link below and download both the V8 and V7.5 software.

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

You then need to connect your V2 and update the Bootlog and Firmware by folloing the directions in the link below.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-V8-1-Software

I think you will find that everything should work then.

Cheers,

Laychut
    Going places no one else dares to Go!
    60 Series Landcruiser, GenIII LS1 5.7, 4L60E Trans, 4" Stainless Snorkel
    4" Lift, 35 x 12.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

Went to F6 Firmware in the Control Panel: V2 Bootblock version is ok.

V2 Firmware version is ok.

I wasn't prompted with anything when I hit refresh; only that the versions were Ok.

What version Firmware and Bootlog do you have?

I work 3rd shift so I will have to check this afternoon.

Is this the only place for customer support issues? I tried emailing Andrew Jensen a series of questions before I purchased the V2 but received not one response to my queries.
    So I bought it anyway.

No 800 number? IM?

For a purchase that equates to nearly 1500 bucks with shipping, customer support needs to be far better.

Typically the reseller you bought it from should be giving you the support unless you bought it direct.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Hi Dragon,
    You can lodge a ticket by following the below link.

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...146&Itemid=145

or You can also send one of the Administrators a PM by clicking on the below link. They normally are pretty good in responding in a timely manner!

http://forum.efilive.com/showgroups.php

Cheers,

Laychut

Lifetime Member

I feel your frustration, relax and take a step back for the afternoon. Find out what EFILive V7.5 and V8 versions you're running (should be V7.5.7 build 204 and V8.2.1 build 195, firmware 2.07.27) and report back to us when you can.

For now, V7.5 is the scan tool and tune editing program, V8 is to configure your V2 for standalone logging/reading/flashing. Both V7.5 and V8 can read and flash tunes (certain controllers are only supported by one or the other, all Cummins reads/flashes need to be done in V8. Plus V8 is faster to flash than V7.5 anyway!). So for a Cummins, you need to open V8 Scan & Tune, click F3 Tune, click F2 Read, select the proper Cummins controller (right click the ECM box), then click read. Once you have read it, then save it to a save place and make an external backup or two (in case something happens to your computer). Now close V8 S&T and open V7.5 Tune tool, File->Open and select the Cummins file you just read. Click Open and you should be able to see the calibrations now. Save it as a *.ctz file when you're done, then close V7.5 and open the file in V8, click the Full Flash button (all Cummins need to be full flashed every time, most GM controllers do not), then click Flash.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Who did you buy it from...?

When you get a chance, post the V7 build version (do Help->About) and V8 build version (you can see it when V8 is open);

you want V7 to be build 204 and V8 to be build 195 as was said above by LayChut and Erik.

What does V8/HAPI say the bootblock and firmware versions are (click on the V2 icon in the tray next to the clock, goto Firmware)...?

you want bootblock to be 2.07.04 and firmware to be 2.07.27 as was said above.

Don't use the CD, the software versions on it are already too old.

Andrew usually responds to emails unless he's on vacation or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast