Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought GM/Dodge V2- CAN'T SCAN, CAN'T TUNE, CAN'T READ, NO TEXT.OPTIONS.

I want to thank all of you for your assistance. More than the cost of the GM/Dodge V2 ... I really just wanted to play with it VERY BADLY LOL!

I got the scan tool to work but haven't tried the tuning tool yet. I'm supposed to have 2 free GM Licenses and 2 free Dodge licenses - haven't looked for them yet.

Also, any hidden problems with transferring my V1 licenses over to my V2 or is that easier than initial setup?

Do all the Challengers, Chargers, Magnums, 300C's and other Dodge vehicles require full reflashes as well?

Thanks again to everyone for all your help!!!
    Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

Lifetime Member

Well EFILive doesnt support nor do they plan on supporting any other Dodge/Chrysler vehicle, so I have no idea if they need a full flash or not.

I know the feeling, brand new toys arent fun sitting in a box!

Shouldnt have any problems transferring your licenses over, Id do that ASAP because you cant actually flash anything until you do that. Plug them both into your pc, open V8 S&T and click the V2 icon in the windows taskbar to bring up the EFILive Control Panel. Click the Upgrade or License tab on the left and follow the instructions (sorry, at work and dont have EFILive installed on it yet).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Well.

I just had a big "dumbass" moment.

My buddy and I somehow didn't read the same thing wrong; each of us.

I thought the Dodge option tuned dodge vehicles; not just the Diesel trucks.

Thats fantastic. I wasted the extra money. Only reason I got the option was to tune a coworkers Challeger V8.

What are the chances they will do an exchange/refund? I bought direct from efilive site BTW.
    Last edited by the Dragon; April 27th, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the Dragon View Post
    What are the chances they will do an exchange/refund? I bought direct from efilive site BTW.
    Send me the order number from the EFILive store (to paul@efilive.com) that was used to purchase the Cummins tuning option and I'll see what can be done.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Well.

I just had a big "dumbass" moment.

My buddy and I somehow didn't read the same thing wrong; each of us.

I thought the Dodge option tuned dodge vehicles; not just the Diesel trucks.

Thats fantastic. I wasted the extra money. Only reason I got the option was to tune a coworkers Challeger V8.

Anddddd that's why its called the "cummins" option. Lol...good luck bud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Which is why, after further thought, I'm just gonna eat it.

My $400 mistake for not reading thoroughly. I made the mistake and it will encourage me to NOT be skimming through items in the future lol!

I just assumed (yup; bad idea to assume ) that efilive could do more than just GM since I LOVE the software/hardware and have been IMMENSELY impressed with it over the past 8 years using it.

I purchased the V2 direct from the site but did NOT purchase the "Upgrade from V1 to V2" option (which I see was considerably cheaper and I most likely screwed myself there too - so the total loss went from $400 to $800 :( )

This is becoming a very costly mistake I imagine turning into a living nightmare.

How do I go about transferring my old V1 licenses to my new V2 without having purchased the "upgrade" ???

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I purchased the V2 direct from the site but did NOT purchase the "Upgrade from V1 to V2" option (which I see was considerably cheaper and I most likely screwed myself there too - so the total loss went from $400 to $800 :( )

This is becoming a very costly mistake I imagine turning into a living nightmare.

How do I go about transferring my old V1 licenses to my new V2 without having purchased the "upgrade" ???
    That is a lot of money to throw away. I'm sending you an email explaining the options. Hopefully we can get this sorted out to your satisfaction.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That is a lot of money to throw away. I'm sending you an email explaining the options. Hopefully we can get this sorted out to your satisfaction.
    Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul!

Paul corresponded with me immediately; I was shocked on the response time.

Going with option 2; lol!

Thanks again Paul!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12