Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is my Main VE Table zeroing out?

Default Why is my Main VE Table zeroing out?

I am new to EFI live. However, I have read the threads for newbies. I also had my cousin do my base tune just to get the car going. It was running on a PCM that had a HP tuners tune in it and it drove fine but I wanted to be able to tune it myself. We used a completely seperate pcm for the EFI live tune. The car will fire up for a few seconds and then die. However, I noticed that I can't even adjust my entire Main VE table by 10%, 20%, etc... as soon as I click on the top left empty box in the table, it zero's out all the cells. If I only click on one cell, it will zero it out on its own. It is doing this whether I am connected to the OBD and power on or if I am just doing it on the laptop and not connected to anything. This is in a 69 Chevelle with a 5.3 DBC, with twin PTE62/62's, on E85, 160lb injectors, no intercooler. Can anyone help me? FWIW the car has been driven with the HPtune for over 1500 miles and ran a 6.83 with 10lbs of boost. It idled fine and drove decent at slow cruising speeds. I just didn't have a way to tune it myself and I want to be able to tune it myself. This is a SD tune, open loop, TH400, 3.90 gears, PTC turbo convertor. I only run one oxygen sensor that runs to my LM1 that I leave running while driving to monitor my AFR's.

This is the main ve table. As you can see it will not even let me put numbers in the very first cell. That cell is zero'd out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main VE Table.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	13046

This is what it does when I click on the top left empty cell to highlight all the cells blue. I was going to try and ad or subtract some fuel to get this thing to run. I think my numbers are at least in the ball park but if they are not for E85 please let me know. You can see the cursor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main VE Table Zero'd Out.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	13047

Hi S,

That is pretty strange...

Can you try that with this latest build: V7 build 204

Please install that and let me know if it does the same thing.

Do you have a FlashScan V1 or V2...?

I have a V1. Thanks for responding. The EFI live is on my Dell computer. I'll go get it and try to install and see if it does the same thing.

No worries.

Ok, let me know either way.

Okay, I installed it on my computer and opened the tune up. It still did the same thing. As soon as you click in the open cell to highlight all cells blue, you can watch as all the cells slowly decrease in numbers until all cells are zero. This doesn't make sense and I tried a couple of other tunes that I downloaded and they are doing the same thing.

Now what?

I pm'd Tech Support.

Does it also happen on any other tables besides the VE table...?

Also, from the tunetool do Help->About and verify that it says "Build 204".

Lifetime Member

Sounds like a stuck key on a keyboard to me...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The F7 and F8 keys subtract/add to the highlighted cells. As ScarabEpic22 said, sounds like the F7 key is stuck down.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Okay, I went to help...about and it is the 204 build. I also checked a different table. As soon as I opened the Boost VE Table the corner cell immediately started decreasing in numbers until it got to zero. I did not click on it. The corner cell does it without clicking at all. As soon as the table opens, any table, the corner cell decreases to zero. I also checked all of the keys on the laptop while the computer was off and all of them work. I did not notice any of them sticking and all seemed as though they have the spring in them.

I appreciate you guys helping me out. This is very irritating.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast