Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is my Main VE Table zeroing out?

Delberts 5.3, DBC, COS3, 01270003.tun Here is my tune. Injectors are Bosch Blue Top 160lb low impedence injectors that I use a resistor to run. Keep in mind I already have another pcm with an HPtuners tune in it and the car idles, and runs great even with resistors instead of a driver box. I just can't tune it myself with HP because I own EFI live. My current pcm is also a 0411. The specs are in my signature but I am sure the pulse, IFR, etc... is not correct. With this tune it will start but only runs for a few seconds. The Main VE table in this tune is 30% less fuel than I started with but that is how far I had to drop it to get it to start.

Thanks for any help....
    1969 Chevelle
    Stock 5.3, twin PTE62/62's
    E85, No intercooler
    Th400, PTC Convertor, 3.90 Gears
    Meth/Water Injection
    Factory PCM, Wiring Harness
    EFILive,V1, Daily Driver

Delberts 5.3, DBC, COS3,lamba.tun Okay, I tried to copy cell by cell my HPtuners tune to the EFI live. I realize the axis are different and made sure to double check. With the attached tune I was able to get it to fire up for a second and that is it. I tried adding more fuel slowly in 10% increments and it did not help. Can someone please tell me what the hell I am doing wrong? This is very frustrating. The main thing I did here was change from .068 to 1.00 across the board on the lamba setting.
    1969 Chevelle
    E85, No intercooler
    Meth/Water Injection
    EFILive,V1, Daily Driver

Can you install the PCM that ran fine, read the tune from it using EFIlive, and then re-install your experimenting PCM...?

In table C6001 you have to set P0103 to A:1-Trip or Non-Emissions...

it is currently set to Not-Reported which means that no DTC is reported for the induced MAF failure (table C2901,3), which means the PCM is still using your MAF table which has been zeroed out (B5001);

you want to see the DTC P0103 being present as confirmation that the PCM is ignoring the MAF and running from the VE.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Delberts 5.3, DBC, COS3,lamba.tun Okay, I tried to copy cell by cell my HPtuners tune to the EFI live. I realize the axis are different and made sure to double check.
    There is a tool that allows you to transpose the rows/columns for when you want to copy data to/from HPTuners.

Select the entire table of the table you want to copy. Right click and select "Copy with Labels".
    Display the Calibrations window and select the [Conversions] tab page.
    Click on [Create new Table].
    Click the [Transpose] button to transpose the rows/columns.
    Copy/Paste to/from that table when it is in the appropriate row/col format.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Can you install the PCM that ran fine, read the tune from it using EFIlive, and then re-install your experimenting PCM...?
    I was thinking the same thing, unless they used one of their COS, then that may be a problem....

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

I cannot not read the tune using efi live because it is a COS tune. However, I will go out and make the change to the MAF. I do not run a MAF at all, only a 2 bar GM map sensor. I was told it needed to fail to read the VE table I guess I was not making it fail correctly.

Thanks for the info on how to transpose the data. That could have saved a lot of time. I think I have the VE table pretty close though. Let me go try the MAF issue and I will get back.
    1969 Chevelle
    E85, No intercooler
    Meth/Water Injection
    EFILive,V1, Daily Driver

Delberts 5.3, DBC, COS3, 01270003_00002.tun We are close!!!! Of course everyone is probably asleep now. lol Okay, I made the change to the P103. It didn't make a bit of difference except.......in this tune. Here is the kicker. My fuel pump is on a toggle switch. I have an ignition switch, and then a push button start like nascar. I figured the car has to be flooded so I turned it over without the fuel pump on. It started, it ran for 3-4 minutes without the fuel pump on. How is that possible? I even reved it a little with the throttle. It ran fine. As soon as I turned the pump on it died, like it was being flooded. I have a second pump but it doesn't run until 4lbs of boost. It ran normal without the pump on so I have to think we are close.. Now what? I am going to delete all other tunes since this one seems to work. Don't want to get them confused.
    1969 Chevelle
    E85, No intercooler
    Meth/Water Injection
    EFILive,V1, Daily Driver

Is the fuel pump switch back to front?......hence was off the whole time you thought it was on and vise versa
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

No. When you engage the toggle switch you can hear the fuel pump kick on. It is pretty loud. Plus, the toggle switches turn green when on. I have used this set up for a couple years now. The pump is NOT running whatsoever but the car runs and revs like a normal car right now without the pump on. I am not sure how this is even doing this.
    1969 Chevelle
    E85, No intercooler
    Meth/Water Injection
    EFILive,V1, Daily Driver

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast