Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: E-fan controlling on 02 Chevy truck

Yes the lines still ice-up on the Camaro system segment swap. Well let me know what you come up with. Maybe pin A is the issue and that why the compressor isn't cycling.
    2006 Trailblazer SS
    Twin Turbo 67 Chevy Truck
    SOLD Truck 2002 Chevy kb turbo t70 5.7l

Lifetime Member

I should have confirmed earlier ... you are using an A/C Pressure Sensor for a 2002 Camaro (ACDelco # 15-5742, or the equivalent) correct ?

The sensor is new, and in proper working order correct ?

Regards,
    Taz

Yes it's a new sensor from 02 camaro. I' not sure what part # is off hand. A pin sensor is tied to body ground not low reference. Low reference is what call a clean ground. I ran truck tune to work today the compressor cycle just need too. Funny part is I can see what sensor is doing but don't have any programming to do anything with it. Let me know what you come up with.
    2006 Trailblazer SS

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaronr View Post
    ... A pin sensor is tied to body ground not low reference. Low reference is what call a clean ground ...
    With Camaros, pin A of the A/C Pressure Sensor is connected to PCM C2 pin 57. With trucks, PCM C2 pin 57 is the IAT Low Reference. That's from a cursory look at the schematics ... more to it than just that probably.

Perhaps it is a setting in the tune itself ... post your tune when you get a chance.

Regards,
    Taz

I don't have a truck pin out. I was using express van pin out because that what i could get my hands on. I see the truck use C2-55 for low side switch signal and that how it cycles the compressor. The camero doesn't use these ports for anything. I not shore how the camaro gets it's info to cycle the compressor unless it's looking at the a/c pressure sensor and cycles that way. I really don't think it's in tune but here you go. If you can look at wire diagram again see if you see anything let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2006 Trailblazer SS

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaronr View Post
    ... I don't have a truck pin out. I was using express van pin out because that what i could get my hands on ...
    Difficult to sort this type of conversion issue out, without OEM quality manuals - for all of the vehicles / platforms involved. Well worth the cost in the long run.

... not sure how the camaro gets it's info to cycle the compressor unless it's looking at the a/c pressure sensor and cycles that way...
    That's exactly how the Camaro A/C system works - A/C Pressure Sensor input.

I was just taking a little break ... back to work ...

Regards,
    Taz
    Last edited by Taz; May 15th, 2012 at 07:14 AM. Reason: - typo

Well let me know if you see anything that might help me out. I just order some OEM manuals. To see if I can figure this out. Did you see anything that stuck out to you in the tune?
    Last edited by aaronr; May 15th, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer SS

Lifetime Member

OK ... took a look through the schematics to confirm a few things.

The A/C Pressure Sensor operates on a 5 volt current - generated by the PCM. It must ground through a PCM 5 volt ground / low reference circuit. With Camaros pin A of the A/C Pressure Sensor splices into the 5 volt ground circuit of the IAT sensor.

Your truck uses an integrated MAF / IAT sensor. It has a 5 pin connector - pins A & B are the IAT sensor, pins C to E are the MAF. The MAF operates on a 12 volt current (pin D) and simply grounds to the chassis (pin C). The IAT operates on a 5 volt current, and grounds back (pin A) through the PCM.

On your MAF / IAT connector plug there is a black wire on one end (pin A) and a yellow wire on the other end (pin E).

I would suggest splicing pin A of your A/C Pressure Sensor to pin A of the MAF / IAT plug (the same way as a Camaro was wired).

Regards,
    Taz

Well here is what happen. I fixed the wire like Taz suggest in the post above but the compressor still ins't cycling. The a/c pressure sensor is talking to the fans fine but the a/c pressure isn't taking to the the compressor for some reason. I guess this why nobody has done it. Taz did see anything in the tune?
    2006 Trailblazer SS

Taz,
    Do you see any issue with splicing C2-18 into Dk GRN a/c compressor clutch wire? I just don't under witch pin the a/c sensor pressure sensor need to talk to get a/c cycle. All 02 pcm are the same beside the programming inside correct?

Yes i'm i bought real manuals from alldata website. still leaning how to read these and get around on there web site.

Thanks for the help.
    2006 Trailblazer SS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast