Thread: e85 to 93 octane

Question e85 to 93 octane

so i bought a truck from who is tuned for e85 its a forced induction 6 speed 7603 os and i do NOT have access to e85 in my area i have done thread searches and been reading here on this forum and some google searching, to find the areas i need to change. i have converted the stoich back to 14.67 and adjusted all the other afr/eq ratio accordingly and have reduced my timing a few degrees. i have not loaded the new cal file yet. my question being is their anything else that will need to be changed? I know this is a over asked question but i cannot find just a straight set of guidelines, for the e85 to gas conversion and vice-versa. I would like to post them if anyone would like to help. i can post my e85 cal then gas file if someone would like to double check me...

Thanks,
    Ben

Lifetime Member

Post the tunes and a log. It depends what parameters were used to tune for E85 and who tuned it because different tuners use different methods for E85. The most obvious is stoich, Spark and OL Commanded AFR (along with the Afterstart tables). Some tuners also use the Injector tables to help compensate for the additional fueling required for E85. IMO, it would be best to start from scratch in this situation starting with measuring the fuel pressure psi at the rail and finding out what injectors are in there.

i know their 72# injectors at 43.5# but i still havent checked my fuel pressure... i have the injector flow data (i had the tested) and my lc-1 should be on its way aswell as taquickness (i think thats how he spells it) cabel for the lc-1. ill post the e85 tune.....

on another note i have had the truck now for 3 days so i had to fill up with 93 octane and havent made any changes the the pcm. i hhave drove home... about 1.5 miles and besides the smell of raw fuel and laggyness i have not noticed any differences in drive ability.... i have made no logs of the truck yet. and imo for whats done to the engine i think it was poorly tuned to begin with. i should also switch to a 2 bar setup most likely it sits on 10# of boost
    2004 joe gibbs, rcsb, t-56 6 speed, 4.8l supercharged 10#, cam, bolt-ons, etc
    1987 gnx
    d-21 allis chalmers 3000 hp 504ci on alcohol
    2004 dmax tow pig

1987 gnx
    2004 dmax tow pig

Lifetime Member

besides the smell of raw fuel and laggyness i have not noticed any differences in drive ability
    Lol. I think that counts. Change the stoich, get the WB hooked up asap and start datalogging, but run at least one full tank of 93 octane through the truck before tuning to remove the residual E85. What injector data is in the above tune?

first gas.tun
    do you suggest switching to 2 bar? heres my modified tune till the lc-1 is hooked up... this should get me started? i have stoich wrong i just noticed ill fix that...
    1987 gnx
    2004 dmax tow pig

Lifetime Member

Switch to a 2-bar COS for FI for better control of the fueling and spark. There is a tutorial located in the Help section of the Tune and Scan tool from the drop down menu. Here is a link to the COS forum: http://forum.efilive.com/forumdispla...rating-Systems.