Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 03-05 Cummins 5.9L Support

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    We have worked on SCI sporadically over the last couple of years. I think we've invested maybe 2-3 months of development in total without the results we hoped for. With our other development plans finalised for 2014, I can say it won't be touched in 2014. We haven't said we won't go back to it, but when the sci bus is unfamiliar to our developers when measured against projects where they are familiar with, it's been prioritised accordingly.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Cindy, was any work attempted at connecting with the CAN datalink underhood connector of the 04-05 PCMs? Could it be pinned to pins 6 and 14 of the OBD2 port and communicated with via CAN bus and not legacy SCI?
    Last edited by Black6spdZ; December 4th, 2014 at 06:28 AM.

Yes, in fact that was the path we were heading down rather than the old legacy SCI bus. But it would have been a major (major!) job getting that slow CAN bus protocol in to the software so we decided against it. We were able to talk to the ECM via that port, but it is totally different to the High Speed CAN bus messaging.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes, in fact that was the path we were heading down rather than the old legacy SCI bus. But it would have been a major (major!) job getting that slow CAN bus protocol in to the software so we decided against it. We were able to talk to the ECM via that port, but it is totally different to the High Speed CAN bus messaging.
    I'm assuming this is all limitations of the ecm itself and not the vehicle. Like things don't get easier or faster on the bench?

GMPX, is it not J1939/11 250k?

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    I'm assuming this is all limitations of the ecm itself and not the vehicle. Like things don't get easier or faster on the bench?
    Hardware config, the ECM simply doesn't have a 500K CAN port, only 250K. I think it was about 2006 that 500K CAN became mandatory on all vehicles, up to that point OEM's could do whatever they wanted. But the CAN speed was not the issue, see below...

Quote Originally Posted by Black6spdZ View Post
    GMPX, is it not J1939/11 250k?
    Yes correct (except 29bit) but AFAIK the messaging involved for read/flash via J1939 is Cummins spec, not SAE. If it was SAE then we would could have considered adding it in as all the documentation is available from the SAE.
    Last edited by GMPX; December 4th, 2014 at 10:15 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

im new to this game but I have a 05 2500 5.9 and was wondering if efi live is compatable or will be compatable with it anytime soon if so were to get it etc etc we had it on our 04 dmax and from what I can remember you could do a lot that a standard tuner couldn't any advice info etc is appreciated, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by scholtus View Post
    im new to this game but I have a 05 2500 5.9 and was wondering if efi live is compatable or will be compatable with it anytime soon if so were to get it etc etc we had it on our 04 dmax and from what I can remember you could do a lot that a standard tuner couldn't any advice info etc is appreciated, thank you
    EFI will not be supporting the 03-05 trucks.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

When are we getting 03-05 support??
    Go big or go home!!

Quote Originally Posted by chevycummins1 View Post
    You can't be serious! Try reading the post above yours.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by chevycummins1 View Post
    As per the response in your other thread about 15 mins before posting here, EFILive announced it will no longer be seeking to develop support for 03-05 SCI based trucks.

We've invested a couple of thousand development hours into the project without return, and can't see how adding more resources will change that. We made a decision to concentrate on newer platforms, and presently have 2010-15 Cummins in beta.

2010-15 Cummins is scheduled for release in the next few days, and these platforms will consume the best part of the next 12 months of development for enhancements.

So even if we didn't say we were dropping SCI there is simply no development time available in 2015.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast