Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie! Need Some Advice Quickly!

Default Newbie! Need Some Advice Quickly!

Hi All,

I have a unique situation, so I hope someone on here can point me in the right direction.....

BACKGROUND:
    I live in Cornelius, NC, but had my C6 Corvette Grand Sport shipped to Indiana last September and had Lingenfelter do their 670 HP Supercharger Package on the car. They used EFI Live to tune the car. After 7,000 glorious miles, my GY Runcrap Supercar Gen One tires are shot. I picked up a set of Michelin Super Sports but got them a little bigger (285/35/18 Front and 345/30/19 Rear) so I can hopefully improve my grip. I was told by LPE that I could change the tire diameter parameters in the software to compensate for the speedo.

DILEMMA:
    A local guy said he would do it for me with his HP Tuner software, but he wants to charge me $250 to do it!!!!!! He says he has to buy "credits" from HP Tuners in order to make the change. That just seems to be a TON of money to go in and change 4 parameters!!

QUESTIONS:

Does anyone know if these parameters can even be changed with HP Tuners' software?

If so, would anyone know how many of their "credits" it would take to make the changes for the tires?

Does anyone know how much each credit is?

If I download the Trial Software from EFI Live, could I make this change with the trial version? I just sunk $1,800 into 4 tires and they're not even on the car yet. I'm just trying to find the easiest and least expensive way to make these 4 small changes.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help or assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

You probably need to be asking on HPTuners forum about their pricing
    With EFILive if someone doesn't have the E38 stream then it will cost them $125 for the VIN license, so that is your minimum cost.
    The 'software' as such is only half the puzzle, you need the V2 hardware as well to be able to flash the ECM in your Vette.
    You could always get in contact with LPE again and maybe organise to ship your ECM to them to have them change it for you?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

JMcD,

Your new tires are 285/35/18 Front and 345/30/19 Rear...

what were your old tires...?

i dont think it will cost him more than 100. Find a tuner that uses EFILive or call Lingenfelter.
    It will only be a 1.12% difference if my calculations are correct. About 3/4 MPH at 70

Hey Joecar!

The OEM tires are 275/35/18 front and 325/30/19 rear. Is there a table somewhere that would tell me what parameters I would need to input into these fields?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    JMcD,

Your new tires are 285/35/18 Front and 345/30/19 Rear...

what were your old tires...?

Isak81..... Yes, that sounds about right. When I first started investigating, I calculated about 4 MPH at 70 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by isak81 View Post
    i dont think it will cost him more than 100. Find a tuner that uses EFILive or call Lingenfelter.
    It will only be a 1.12% difference if my calculations are correct. About 3/4 MPH at 70

GMPX,

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know what hardware I would need for my 2011 Corvette and how much the hardware costs? By "hardware", I am assuming you mean the handheld device? Thank you!

-John

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    You probably need to be asking on HPTuners forum about their pricing
    With EFILive if someone doesn't have the E38 stream then it will cost them $125 for the VIN license, so that is your minimum cost.
    The 'software' as such is only half the puzzle, you need the V2 hardware as well to be able to flash the ECM in your Vette.
    You could always get in contact with LPE again and maybe organise to ship your ECM to them to have them change it for you?

Cheers,
    Ross

No, Isak81 means it will be only 0.75 mph off at 70 mph...

Aaahhhh... Really? If someone could confirm that, then I may just leave it alone. I thought I heard the tuner say it would be 4 MPH at 70. What about at 90? That's my usual cruising speed!!

70*1.12% = 0.78 mph
    90*1.12% = 1.00 mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast