Thread: Scan tool to laptop troubles

Default Scan tool to laptop troubles

Hi guys I've recently bought a new laptop and am having problems with it going into a windows safety shutdown whenever I plug my v2 scan tool into it via the USB cable has this happened to anyone else and how did you fix the problem or does anyone have any ideas please note the laptop does have USB 3 however it also has the USB 2 or whatever the old USB system was aswell.
    Cheers james

Hi James,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Windows Safety Shutdown", could you elaborate please?

I assume it happens irrespective of FlashScan being plugged plugged into the USB2 or USB3 port?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

hi as the v2 flash scan powers up and the lights flash on and the text comes onto the screen it puts my laptop into a safety shut down which is a blue screen and reads as follows.
    A problem has been detecyted and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer, if this screen appears again follow these steps:
    Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check withe the manufacturer for driver updates.
    Try changing video adapters
    Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates, disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, frestart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options and then selct safe mode.

And yes this is irrespective of usb 2 or 3 port selection and keep in mind this is a brand new computer which works fine with other usb opperated products such as hard drives and so on also the v2 scanner works fine still on my old laptop which is running windows vista and my new laptop is running windows 7 have any other efi live users had a simmilar problem with a new laptop or windows 7 or is this purely a driver or driver setting problem??

cheers james.

James,

Can you use the EFILive USB tool to uninstall the USB driver and install 2.02.04...

Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive USB Manager

i think that has done the trick i am yet to flash a tune but it has stopped it crashing my computer by connecting the v2 cheers joe

Hi James, so now it does not crash...?