Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "controller locked with custom key" DEAD ECM

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Can everyone who is having trouble with flashing LLY controller using V8, please verify that they have firmware V2.07.27 (released April 20 2012) or later in their AutoCals and FlashScans. It was in that build that we updated the keep-alive messages to better suit the LLY "environment".

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I am running V2.07.27 in my V2. Never had issues full flashing LLY's before the last update.

Thanks

Mitch

Sent Paul some trace files. The LLY is the only controller giving us grief. They flash and read fine on the bench harness.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

The LLY has always been a source of troubles, same for the P12 (5 cylinder gas PCM). It's not the PCM though, it's 'something' on the Class2 bus that comes back to life and interrupts the process. Obviously something has changed with EFILive for this to all of a sudden become an issue on the LLY, whatever it is was not deliberate.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have not noticed it because 99% of all my ecm flashes are bench flashes.................nothing else to talk to on the bench harness.

If I can have a few local trucks stop by I will test it, anything I can do to help out ???
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I've been working on this issue all day (thanks Dan for sending your log/trace files).

I managed to reproduce the fault and from there was able to track down the cause. The cause was two separate (and seemingly unrelated) issues which when combined caused the LLY flash to fail. As Ross pointed out and as noted by many users it is because one or more (probably all) modules on the bus were coming "back to life" and interfering with the flash process severely enough to terminate it almost immediately. Obviously bench flashing was not affected because there are no other modules to cause problems.

I have made two changes, one to the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware and one to the LLY reflash script files (E60_W.obj and E60_F.obj). Those changes are being tested now. I hope to be able to post the updates tomorrow once we have tested them completely.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I have not noticed it because 99% of all my ecm flashes are bench flashes.................nothing else to talk to on the bench harness.

If I can have a few local trucks stop by I will test it, anything I can do to help out ???
    Tony, I'll send the updates to you and if you can verify that the updates I've made do allow cal-flashing and full-flashing of the LLY controller in the trucks, I'd appreciate it.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Tony, I'll send the updates to you and if you can verify that the updates I've made do allow cal-flashing and full-flashing of the LLY controller in the trucks, I'd appreciate it.
    Regards
    Paul
    I will see if I can get it done today, I have spare ecms in case one gets bricked, I will email you tonight when the truck is tested.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Paul,

I sent over some emails and .blx files for you to look at.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I've been working on this issue all day (thanks Dan for sending your log/trace files).

I managed to reproduce the fault and from there was able to track down the cause. The cause was two separate (and seemingly unrelated) issues which when combined caused the LLY flash to fail. As Ross pointed out and as noted by many users it is because one or more (probably all) modules on the bus were coming "back to life" and interfering with the flash process severely enough to terminate it almost immediately. Obviously bench flashing was not affected because there are no other modules to cause problems.

I have made two changes, one to the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware and one to the LLY reflash script files (E60_W.obj and E60_F.obj). Those changes are being tested now. I hope to be able to post the updates tomorrow once we have tested them completely.

Regards
    Paul
    You're welcome. I've got two LLY Autocals to send out, but I'm guessing BBR and BBF will likely have the same failure. I'll wait for the update. Thanks Paul.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast