Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0606 stalling engine on a 2008 LMM

Default P0606 stalling engine on a 2008 LMM

Hey,

I ran into a new issue today after 3 years of tuning the LMM's, A customer keeps getting P0606 when letting off the throttle much like is described in this thread, which is leading to a dead pedal for up to 10 seconds or a stalling of the truck.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....sure-anomolies

The reason I am starting a new thread is this is on the LMM where table B1115 is not used (as alluded to in the link above). I am looking for a fix for this issue, I have used this exact tune on many other LMM's with no issues and even crossed referenced his tune with previous ones I made to make 100% sure nothing was out of the ordinary. He is running OS 8594.

I am going to try building a new tune from the tunefiledepot and see if that solves his problems, if that doesnt I am lost as to where to go next.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

Mitch

From what I've seen P0606 means new ECM on order.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Any idea what causes it? It never had that issue before EFI Live flashed the truck, could it be related to RC10? I have never had this issue with the many other LMMs I have done over the years, most running 8594 OS.

Since the customer installed the switch I had him describe how he handled the connector. When he put back on the cover to access the wires he did it in the open position, not the closed position. So my theory is he could possibly be a tooth out causing the ecm connector to not be properly seated.

He has stated that this is only happening after a hard acceleration and letting off the throttle quickly, which could be enough to jerk connection maybe.

Have you tried a 7083 OS in it yet? This isn't related, but these BOSCH ECM's seem to be funky when you modify em. I know the first LBZ I did would throw a P0102 code no matter what whenever I flashed in a DSP5 OS into it, I finally ended up just shutting the code off as the code should not have been setting.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I have not, but I have never had issues with the 8594 before. I will give it a shot tho. I am still yet to hear back from the customer which I am assuming no news is good news. I am remotely tuning his truck with an autocal so it takes a bit of time to get things done.

Thanks for the ideas!

Mitch

I now have a second truck that is having the exact same issues. It would continually throw EGT and Boost codes even though they were shut off putting the truck into limp mode. I tried to over ride the limp mode by playing with the torque tables with no success. I then proceeded to flash in a 8594 from tunefiledepot and this would cause the truck not only to go into limp mode, but to shut off while on the highway. Since this truck is local I am going to go throw in the 7083OS right now and see if that helps. I do know for a fact that these trucks will run a single tune 8594 just fine, it for whatever reason is having issues with the DSP5.

Its doing the exact same thing with the 7083OS. I am at a loss.

I think I found my problem! I found online that some guys had this issue when they set the Pedal position to desired torque in the 0 column to anything but 0 would throw this code and have these issues. I first came across this shortly after having these issues and checked to make sure that I did not inadvertently do the same thing. What I did not check was the Torque based fuel tables, and it turns out I did some smoothing on these tables which changed the 0 line to numbers ranging from 2-5mm3. I checked over all my old tunes and these were all 0, and are 0 in the stock tune. So if anyone has a similar issue in make sure you check both the Pedal position to desired torque tables as well as the torque based fuel tables, I should have found this sooner, haha

This was covered in another thread, sorry I missed this one. There should be a warning in the description box of the affected tables.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

No worries Michael, I should have caught it sooner myself. I felt pretty silly when it clicked and I realized what I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast