Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T76 TCM tuning support added

Thumbs up T76 TCM tuning support added

EFILive is pleased to set the bench mark once again and announce yet another industry first for the PC based tuning market. T76 tuning support is now available in our latest software update.

This TCM is used in GM's 6 speed 2009+ FWD and select AWD vehicles, such as the Cruze (turbo included), Equniox and Sonic using the 6T30, 6T40 etc range of transmissions. Many of you would associate this TCM being used on vehicles with E39 and E78 ECM's, however you may be interested to know that this TCM was used before these ECM's came into effect, and that support includes those vehicles without a matching supported ECM's (ie 2009 models).
    The only exception to this rule is the 2011 Buick Regal 2.0L SIDI Turbo (E39 ECM), although it is FWD these use an Aisin F40-6 transmission with Aisin's own TCM (we don't even know what it is), what was GM thinking? It looks like the 2012 models of this same car are using the T76, so at this stage just the 2011 misses out (well, anything using the Aisin F40-6 trans).

EFILive customers can continue to lead the industry in custom tuning by using the only software with complete late model GM vehicle coverage. EFILive remains the only software available that supports the E39 & E78 ECM's, and now we've set the bar higher offering T76 support. But wait there's more!, just around the corner is our E83 ECM support release, this one has been a little tricky due to two very different E83 ECM's being used and many major software rewrites from GM since 2009 to current models, but we are nearly done.

This release enables PC based reading and flashing of the T76, also for both FlashScan V2 and AutoCal stand alone, however the the .calz files were not included in the release (on purpose). If you would like to tune one of these TCM's please send me a PM with your Email address, T76 TCM OS number and I will send you a zip file with the .calz files containing the mapping data.

Keep in mind, if you are already tuning the ECM from a car using the T76, your transmission license costs you nothing, it's included in every $125 VIN license you buy.

Regards,
    EFILive
    Last edited by GMPX; May 14th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank You! I will be using this very soon, keep up the great work!

Hi GMPX

i wrote to Andrew about support for the T76 and added the readout from a Regal 2.0 SIDI turbo. I'm actually sure that this cars have now T76 gearboxes too, 6T50, and have different calibrations.
    Andrew wrote me that you do not support T76 and that only read support is added. The cal i've sent is 24263317.

So what should i do now to try out something?

Thank you
    3onic

Thanks 3onic, I hope this isn't a case of GM doing mid year swaps of suppliers.
    We had one customer that tried to read a 2.0L SIDI Turbo TCM as a T76 and it would not work. Further investigation based on that vehicles VIN showed that on CalID it was definitely not using a T76.
    I haven't seen the 24263317 file from Andrew, he is usually on the ball with forwarding unsupported files to us so I'm not sure what has happened there.
    I'll send you a PM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm so glad to hear T76 is becoming available. I recently purchased a 2012 Cruze Eco and the trans shifting has much to be desired. I'm new to the forums and haven't been able to figure out how to PM you GMPX for the file. My trans OS is 24264426. Any help would be great, thank you.

It'll be getting a full release shortly anyway Cruzin with full T76 support. There's been no problems at all so far with those that have the beta files. The only thing in question is the desired shift time tables, they are weird, so currently they have not been sent out to anyone.

Thank you for the quick response. I'll look forward to the release, thanks!

I've been waiting to tune my T76 but haven't seen a new install file in a while. I installed the latest files but still do not see a file for my OS 24264426. Is there somewhere else to download the file or will it be available any time soon?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cruzin View Post
    I've been waiting to tune my T76 but haven't seen a new install file in a while. I installed the latest files but still do not see a file for my OS 24264426. Is there somewhere else to download the file or will it be available any time soon?

Thank you
    Which V8 build version do you have installed (203...?)...?

Version: 8.2.1 Build 203

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast