Thread: Bricked H3... almost

Default Bricked H3... almost

I came close to bricking my wife's 2007 Hummer H3 3.7L tonight! I could read it without any issues. When I went to reflash it failed... it erased the PCM memory and just when it said it was starting to reflash it failed. I could not get any contact with the PCM after that so I tought I was f***ed. Luckily I was able to reprogram it with GM SPS using a Mongoose cable so the truck is now up and runnig again

Does anyone know exactly what I need to do to avoid having that experience again? Any specific fuses that need to be pulled or should I just rip out the PCM and bench flash it instead?

/Stefan

Have you downloaded the latest V7 & V8 software releases HERE? (Plus update the V2 firmware).
    These contain a fix for a bug that recently popped up that allowed modules on the vehicle to come back to life during the PCM erase which interrupted the flash process.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes, I was running..

7.5.7 (Build 206)
    8.2.1 (Build 197)
    Bootblock 2.07.04
    Firmware 2.07.29

Should I send you guys the .blx files?

/Stefan

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeBurb View Post
    I came close to bricking my wife's 2007 Hummer H3 3.7L tonight! I could read it without any issues. When I went to reflash it failed... it erased the PCM memory and just when it said it was starting to reflash it failed. I could not get any contact with the PCM after that so I tought I was f***ed. Luckily I was able to reprogram it with GM SPS using a Mongoose cable so the truck is now up and runnig again

Does anyone know exactly what I need to do to avoid having that experience again? Any specific fuses that need to be pulled or should I just rip out the PCM and bench flash it instead?

/Stefan
    If you used the V8 software to flash the truck, can you please locate the *.htx trace file of the failed flash and send it to me.
    If you used V7 software to flash the truck, can you please locate the *.blx trace file of the failed flash and send it to me.
    Send to paul@efilive.com

Instructions on where to find the trace files are at the bottom of this page:
    http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...8254-QOGC-9586

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

E-mail sent...

/Stefan