Thread: Options for digital gauges

Question Options for digital gauges

Hi All,

What products are out there to create a full range of gauges for engine conversions if someone wanted to create a full custom dashboard?
    I remember seeing some at SEMA but I can't remember who made them. It's essentially a multi use gauge where the display can be changed to show many of the data parameters broadcast on the CAN bus. They can also be daisy chained, so you can have a full range of data available depending on how deep your pockets are.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Hi Ross,

I'm hoping this means you are getting your 6.2L / 6L90 Cadillac project underway. I'm a little old school, and either use Autometer gauges, or retrofit an OEM IPC.

I have never used a CAN based gauge system (which plugs into the DLC / OBD-II port) - have seen them offered from Nexus, Dashdaq, and probably others.

Cheers,
    Taz

Ross, I think Haltech have a dash. Not sure if it works with generic CAN or only their own databus. Race Technology also have a dash

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I'm hoping this means you are getting your 6.2L / 6L90 Cadillac project underway.
    Yeah well, that's been a long time coming, but yes it is for that car.

I'm a little old school, and either use Autometer gauges, or retrofit an OEM IPC.
    I'm thinking the OEM IPC might be the best bet, I just need to find one that is 'thin' like the cluster designs of the 60's. (probably a tough call on that).

I have never used a CAN based gauge system (which plugs into the DLC / OBD-II port) - have seen them offered from Nexus, Dashdaq, and probably others.
    The thing with most of those is they behave like a scantool, not something just monitoring the bus, that is the advantage of the OEM IPC, it just listens to the CAN messages between the ECM, TCM (and other modules) and displays the data from that. So if ever I wanted to use EFILive to scan the car I would need to disable the Dashdaq etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    Ross, I think Haltech have a dash. Not sure if it works with generic CAN or only their own databus. Race Technology also have a dash
    Oh boy, that would probably cost more than what I paid for the engine and transmission.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Have you looked at : http://www.dakotadigital.com/
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Racepak makes an OBDII interface that can run their dasboard
    http://www.racepak.com/Components/OBDII.php
    http://www.racepak.com/Components/IQ3_Display.php

i was thinking the same thing with just a small tablet and efi live dash page lol
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

I think I'll go down the OEM route, maybe a Cadillac IPC so all the logo's match too.

late model Cadillac IPC with HUD...?