Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More and more problems with V2

Lifetime Member

Default More and more problems with V2

When I bought my V2 about 2 years ago it was rock solid but everytime I do an update it gets worse and worse. Thought the purpose of doing updates was to improve it. I have problems reading LMM now i'm having problems with flashing/reading LB7 that I never had before. I used to just hook it up and go now it keeps giving me bootloader errorrs and what not. The only way I can flash and read it is unclick high speed and click on try alt keys. Whats the deal? I'm afraid to do anymore updates now as everytime I do one it gets worse and more errors pop up.

Each time you update the V2 firmware do you also do BBx Program All...?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pavetim View Post
    When I bought my V2 about 2 years ago it was rock solid but everytime I do an update it gets worse and worse. Thought the purpose of doing updates was to improve it. I have problems reading LMM now i'm having problems with flashing/reading LB7 that I never had before. I used to just hook it up and go now it keeps giving me bootloader errorrs and what not. The only way I can flash and read it is unclick high speed and click on try alt keys. Whats the deal? I'm afraid to do anymore updates now as everytime I do one it gets worse and more errors pop up.
    You're right, recently there have been problems that have crept into the V2 firmware. I've spent the past month tracking them down and fixing them. An internal update is being tested right now that addresses the read/flash problems on VPW based controllers. That should fix any problems that you have with the LB7.

As for the LMM failures can you please send me any trace files of any failed LMM reads/flashes as per the last part of this page:
    http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...8254-QOGC-9586

Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

The problem with reading a dsp out of LMM is a known problem though isnt' it? How do I do a trace file? So what build should I update too? Right now I have builds 180 and 170

Quote Originally Posted by pavetim View Post
    The problem with reading a dsp out of LMM is a known problem though isnt' it? How do I do a trace file? So what build should I update too? Right now I have builds 180 and 170
    Oh I see, the reading of a DSP5 tune is not so much a problem as a purposely added security measure.
    Regards
    Paul

Mine is all jacked since trying to update firmware. I think I'm cursed with efilive. I was one of the first to lose a lbz ECM due to flashing. I can't get my flash scan to be recognized by my computer. When I check the firmware it says it is good. Restarted the computer tried all kinds of things went to documents and tried to load the other firmware and it is not working. It is stuck in dead-poll mode can't get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickmanx1 View Post
    Mine is all jacked since trying to update firmware. I think I'm cursed with efilive. I was one of the first to lose a lbz ECM due to flashing. I can't get my flash scan to be recognized by my computer. When I check the firmware it says it is good. Restarted the computer tried all kinds of things went to documents and tried to load the other firmware and it is not working. It is stuck in dead-poll mode can't get it out.
    After installing the latest software you can find recovery instructions that may help you get your FlashScan operational again here:
    \Program files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery
    Look in that folder and open the file called ReadMe.txt, try following the instructions in that file.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    After installing the latest software you can find recovery instructions that may help you get your FlashScan operational again here:
    \Program files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery
    Look in that folder and open the file called ReadMe.txt, try following the instructions in that file.

Regards
    Paul
    I wish it worked. I get a error$008E attempt to overwrite firmware with an older version.

I expect that your device has 2.05.08 bootblock and somehow has 2.07.x firmware? If so I believe you will have to send the device into a service agent to be recovered. I tried via remote access for one customer recently and was fla out not able to recover the device ion the field (and I'm pretty good at it ).

Please go across to our helpdesk (http://suppot.efilive.com/) and log an RMA case and I can advise where to contact.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Nope showing boot block 2.07.04
    And firmware 2.07.29
    Just not acting right though. When I plug it in it powers up with no display and all led's come on. Then it goes to flashing the orange led's alternatively.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast