Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help (newbie alert)

Lifetime Member

Default Need some help (newbie alert)

Hello, I am Michel and new to EFILive. I have done alot of old school tuning, automotive mechanics and electical work. The tuning is relatively new to me in terms of these programs, but I am very familiar with the workings of the modern auto.
    I have for the past 6 mos been using a used JET DST program and had fun with it. Just bought EFI Live V1 and so far its cool. I read may pages B4 signing on the forum B4 I purchased and even been reading tutorials and tips/tricks and more this past week. I actually just used the tuner program for the first time yesterday as I waited to familiarize myself B4 jumping in.
    Other than listed below as changes I have already made with EFI Live, I used the JET to increase PE and make it come on sooner and played with DFCO. I never got around to doing timing. Always heard do fuel then timing anyways.

I did the basics I needed to do....copied stock tune to file, changed gear ratio info, changed tire size, got rid of annoying upshift light, deleted rear O2 senseor (PO420) and upped my idle RPM. The latter I have not tested yet to see if I did it right. Truck hates the 650 RPM stock idle..lol I got it 750 which it purrs nicely at.

For reference I am worrking with V1, have a 2003 Vortec S10 4.3L with 5sp manual. Has the LS1 style PCM (green/blue connectors).
    Mods are CAIntake, Edelbrock headers, no cat, Hooker muffler and dump, underdrive crank, e-fan, 1.52 rockers, Mallory Ign box, and a few other bolt-ons.
    Not installed yet : Wynjammer supercharger with the 36lb poppet injector upgrade.
    I want to play with the truck B4 doing the SC so I am more acclimated to the tuning program.

So now for 2 questions that I have right now...and Im sure more to come later.

1. How do you change the readings from Kilometers per hour to MPH? And they stay that way. Im in the states so easier for me?
    2. How do you raise the speed limiter? I searched and saw a few threads but for different PCM types. However those seem different and I dont think its the same. I think I found it but one list with ETC and other list without ETC. Any info?

I appreciate the helpful info

Hi Mik, welcome to the forum

answers to your questions:

1. changing KMH to MPH:

- in scantool, on PIDs tab, click the Units column's heading (sorts by Units), click it again, highlight the slab of KMH rows (use Ctrl-Click to accumulate highlighted rows), then on the highlight go rightclick->Imperial; exit scantool.

- in tunetool, go Edit->Configure Display Units, click on Data Units column's heading, click it again, highlight the slab of rows having KMH as Data Unit, on the highlight go rightclick->Data Value Units->Imperial; repeat for Col Units (Column Label units); repeat for Row Units (Row Label units); click OK; exit tunetool.

2. what year/model/vehicle/PCM...?

maybe look at H0109 and H0111 (type these into the Search box in the tunetool).

Lifetime Member

Thx joe! I read some of your post and respect your help you give.

In scantool it is already set Imperial. But in Tune I was going to change my speed limiter and it was in metric. I can convert but takes more time so I needed to change that.
    In tune I changed it all ok. Thx. But I noticed in some items there is 2 readings. Like throttle cracker...so both changed. Thats ok tho I know now how to fine tune tht.
    Dashboard will change with what I did as well?

Its a 2003 S10, 4.3L 5speed, and has a LS1 PCM with blue/green plugs. 0411 is last 4 digits in the service tag.

H0111 IS in there but like I said it says Max Vehicle Speed 'with ETC'. There is one that is 'non ETC'...H0109

Ok to change both?

Lifetime Member

What all to delete rear O2? I thought I had it but my code popped back up :(
    tht I found it under the folders in the left....Eng Diagnostics >Eng DTC Processing>PO420>disable.

Oh, nevermind. I think I found under the other one...Eng MIL Enable>PO420 as well. Guess I needed to change tht to (not reported)

Ah... the H segment is in Metric only and can't be changed (i.e. H0109, H0111 are in km/h only).

Yes, you can change both H0109 and H0111 (make them the same value).

Yes, set it to Not-Reported in C6001.

Lifetime Member

I think I got it. Didnt find C6001 tho.

I need to get some time and also figure out how to do a logfile and do a scan and log. Then I can post up and find out more about what I can start to safely adjust on.
    I may try to get PE in early lke I did before

Lifetime Member

Hi, mike you say it is an 03 pcm with blue green connectors and it says 0411 on the tag? I dont think it can be both. An 0411 ecm is a 512 mb ecm and has red blue connectors. An ecm with blue greenplugs is a 1mb ecm that was 2003 up in a S10. The 0411 was a 2002 ecm. They are not direct swaps. A 2003 S10 did not come with a 0411 ecm as far as I am aware.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Lifetime Member

I know for sure it has a blue one because I just had it off recently (was gonna buy HPT and modded the EGR pin for WB to go to) and had the Blue plug apart to Pin it.
    Lemme find a pic of my service tag I took pic of a long time ago.
    I ordered the truck new and have been the sole owner since 2003. Ordered and built specific in Shreveport in late 2003.

Lifetime Member

Ok my bad...lol
    Someone used a spare PCM pic I had on file and said it was my stock one..on the S10Forum. I recalled tht pic and it said 0411. I assumed it was my original.
    Below is a pic of my stock PCM....sorry abt the confusion

Lifetime Member

Tuning PE:

What is the difference in Hot and Normal PE Mode enable?

I modified Normal for now to come in early (TPS) at higher RPM. It stock was 90%TPS and I gradually lowered the TPS input starting at 1600RPM for starters.
    Im unsure about the HOT mode.
    I also didnt touch the PE rate
    I lowered bypass RPM and delay

Also I see Lean Cruise in the modify section. But there is a high MPH enable/disable value and time/timer/out rate are all 0. Does tht mean its not setup but available to do, not an option or what?

With manual, does Tq Limiting and/or Abuse Mgmt used?
    Last edited by Mikz86ta; May 17th, 2012 at 04:55 AM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast