Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Need some help (newbie alert)

Lifetime Member

I did 2 logs on my lunch break from work. I didnt see any KR when I had the MAF disconnected. Is tht normal?
    I did one run with some basic PIDs and with MAF plugged up as normal, then halfway home I unplugged the MAF and continued and saved seperate log.
    I know with MAF unplugged tht I experience some tip in burble. Basically delay on throttle response, feels a tad sluggish until RPMs get higher, etc. Makes sense?

Attached Files Attached Files

I'm running behind/backwards... I'll be able to look at your files tonite/tomorrow if someone else hasn't already.

Lifetime Member

Thx Joe. Chack out some past postings also please and see if u can answer some other questions. I appreciate your help.
    Im patient, just when I get something in my head I research and then ask if I dont see a clear answer. lol

My log tho I may have fked up and didnt get KR logged :( Have to redo it again tomorrow. IDK what I did wrong in PIDS

That looks ok...

With reference at BARO you get 58 psi;

then with hose on you idle at 50 psi... i.e. idle at 8 psi vacuum, this equates to approx 16 inHg vacuum, you can check this with a vacuum gauge;

then as you open the throttle wide, pressure jumps to 58 psi.
    Last edited by joecar; May 30th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikz86ta View Post
    I did 2 logs on my lunch break from work. I didnt see any KR when I had the MAF disconnected. Is tht normal?
    I did one run with some basic PIDs and with MAF plugged up as normal, then halfway home I unplugged the MAF and continued and saved seperate log.
    I know with MAF unplugged tht I experience some tip in burble. Basically delay on throttle response, feels a tad sluggish until RPMs get higher, etc. Makes sense?

I didn't see KR in either log...

with MAF unplugged you get a MAF DTC which causes the PCM to do several things:
    - failover to VE table,
    - failover to LO spark table,
    - a few other things.

So the running from the LO spark table might be why you're not seeing KR.

Lifetime Member

Hmm ok. But it was active in my logging PIDS right? Just wanted to be sre I am doing this right.

I found a custom mail order tune by a well known guy. The tune was done on a 2003 4.3L. I compared it to my stock tune in about every peramiter. I noticed a few differences in the DFCO and a couple other things. But not much different.
    The spark table however (hi and lo oct.) was very similar in the pattern on the 3D graph. Had abt 2* more and was smoother on the high gm/cyl+low rpm area.

First thing tho I had swapped my distributor yesterday because of the notorious cap screw hole breakage. These have the all plastic dist base and where the cap screws down they are bad abt cracking. Mine was on the back and the cap may have been moving as bit. Got the aluminum replacement dist.
    But I think I got it off by a tooth. Runs fine but has no power when u mash the gas,,,the headers seem very hot too indicating lean. I assume I am retarded on the timing and need to adv a tooth? Try tomorrow. Threw codes but didnt ck...no need since I know its nt right

In both logs in post #111 KR is zero everywhere and on the Data tab it shows the Max KR to have been zero.

Lifetime Member

Thats good news then. Funny I have not changed anything really since my last log tht had KR. I will do it again.

For now....my new distributor isnt going well. I am having issues with it running. Basically no power on throttlw. Been in and out 4 times with it. Tried to rotate a tooth but one way it wont even crank. The way which looks dead on TDC and the marks correct (dizzy has cast in marks) (balancer has 2 slots and align marks on timing cover) it starts and runs fine, but drive it and there is absolutely no power.
    P0016 code IIRC comes up. Crank/Cam Sensor Correlation error code basically.
    Gonna swap stock dizzy bk in. Maybe the new dizzy sensor is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mikz86ta View Post
    Thats good news then. Funny I have not changed anything really since my last log tht had KR. I will do it again.

For now....my new distributor isnt going well. I am having issues with it running. Basically no power on throttlw. Been in and out 4 times with it. Tried to rotate a tooth but one way it wont even crank. The way which looks dead on TDC and the marks correct (dizzy has cast in marks) (balancer has 2 slots and align marks on timing cover) it starts and runs fine, but drive it and there is absolutely no power.
    P0016 code IIRC comes up. Crank/Cam Sensor Correlation error code basically.
    Gonna swap stock dizzy bk in. Maybe the new dizzy sensor is bad
    Should be a simple fix, just do a CASE relearn right?

03 Silverado 5.3 ECSB 4x4 Z71
    Comp Cam 206/212 .515/.522 112 lSA, hardened rods with LS9 springs

2010 Tahoe VVT AFM 5.3
    Stock for now

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gregs View Post
    Should be a simple fix, just do a CASE relearn right?
    ?? Huh?
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast