Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help (newbie alert)

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Is a cax not available Joecar?
    Lean cruise is not setup from the factory in us vehicles. But what joecarmight have forgot to mention is it is easily installed with a add on file(cax I believe) available on this forum. Then just populate the lean cruise tables and you should be all set to go. Maybe a cax is only available with an 0411 ecm?? Dont know, joecar kinda left us hanging with his short post.
    There are Lean Cruise cax files for a few OS's for 0411 PCM's only...

see posts #8 and #10 here: cax-file-updates

copy the cax file to that folder, restart the tunetool, enable/populate LC, do a full flash.

sorry, I got distracted earlier today and I forgot to come back to this thread

Yes, read the scantool/tunetool pdf's, and the other pdf's in the V7/V8 install directories.

Also see here: Collecting-links-to-tutorial-material-scattered-in-other-sections

Lifetime Member

Yup, read both 2x's and the onlne tutorials. Need to go over the scan tool ones again tho and get some seat time loged on in the truck. Sunday I have only day off from work tho

Lifetime Member

Thx Joe

Lifetime Member

Read the AutoVE tutorial last night. I want to try to do a few DataLogs B4 I get started on that.
    Oh one thing I think is ok to do ( correct me if I am wrong ) But I was going to change the AFR from 14.68 which is what it is stock to 14.3 or so since we have E10 pretty exclusively at our local gas stations.
    Other than tht I am not going to make any more changes. As per my thread u see I only changed speed corrcection (gears and tire swap), speed limiter, deleted rear O2 and adjusted PE.
    I am connecting my AEM WB tonight. I am doing the White wire from it to input E (EXT.AD1) on my V1 interface. Then I have to setup? Or just select the PID in Scan Tool? I read that AEM isnt setup in V1 but was the same as PLX? I dont quite understand if I need to set it up prior to taking the readings. I understand the operation of it tho

Lifetime Member

anyone?

I am connecting my AEM WB tonight. I am doing the White wire from it to input E (EXT.AD1) on my V1 interface. Then I have to setup? Or just select the PID in Scan Tool? I read that AEM isnt setup in V1 but was the same as PLX? I dont quite understand if I need to set it up prior to taking the readings. I understand the operation of it tho

Yes, set B3601 to something like 14.2 for E10.

Yes, the AEM should be the same as the PLX... to be sure, look at the AEM user manual and post 2 voltage:afr points.

Since you're suing E10 (AFR 14.2), you will need to make a calc pids that converts the AEM/PLX AFR pid to Lambda (for tuning) and to true AFR (for viewing)...

the wideband assumes the stoich AFR is 14.7... so you divide CALC.AFR_PLX1 by 14.7 to obtain Lambda, and then multiply Lambda by 14.2 to obtain the true AFR of E10 fuel.

(I can help you set up a calc pid)

Lifetime Member

14.32 is where I am at rt now with AFR.
    I will ck the AEM manual at the shop tomorrow. I dont have it here with me rt now at home.
    I will def need help on the calc thing..lol

Lifetime Member

IDK what u mean by post 2 voltage :afr points? U want me to copy a couple of the manuals numbers here?

Like O2 volts = 1.40 / Lambda = 0.874 / Gas = 12.8afr / Ethanol = 7.87ar
    And O2 volts = 3.90 / Lambda = 1.216 / Gas = 17.8afr / Ethanol = 10.94

Yes walk me thru the Calc PID please

Yes, that's it.

Does the AEM have a setting/switch for it to output for E10 (gasoline with 10% ethanol) vs E00 (straight gasoline)...?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast