Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: 427 stroker turbo need help on everything

Thanks for lookin for me Joe! It was driving me crazy too - for some reason, I kept missing that line in the table...

Brandon - you have to do a lot of reading and then gain experience by doing it... It is a never ending learning process because things in the tuning world are always changing (PCMs change when newer vehicles come out, software changes when they improve it, etc)... It helps to have a good knowledge of all of the EFI sensors and what they do - other than that, it all comes down to fuel and spark, just like it always has.
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Here is a good read regarding the sensors: http://carprogrammer.com/Z28/PCM/LS1/Holden_LS1.pdf

Thanks Joe im gona read up. make it a file on my cellphone so when im sitting on a site waiting or in camp im not wasting time. The things I get paid for....
    Im only slightly crazy.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vff8wi00Bxk

Just a quick scan theres quite a bit more information on here than youd find in a normal manual, or alldata for that matter. I think i may just print this off for a go to when even working on other peoples vehicles in my back yard.

Here is another tune. Hope this works. first one i tried computer died and didnt save. second one i was on the side of the highway. Caught a jack handle off someones truck and poked a 1/2 inch hole in my rear tire. So this tune is me ripping with a tire that was going flat.
    Going to be awhyle before i can tune again, tuner is gone and $$$ for a new tire is not in my budget.
    have a good day.

427 turboaug 13.efi

Well, cheer up cause this thing is really coming around nicely! Here is a new tune with a couple changes - didn't need much... I up'd the shift points to rev it higher...

When are you planning to add the meth kit? What about upping the boost? The meth will require changes in the tune to take full advantage...
    Post up when you get back to it...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Awesome! Coming that good eh? Are we ready for more boost? Meth kit will come when i get back from italy possibly late november. Ill probly have two tunes for normal boost and high boost high octane and meth? Man im excited. we will have to tune in my nitrous once its filled too. I am putting a hobbs switch in the nitrous feed line just in case the fuel pressure drops for some reason or another it will shut off.
    Thanks, new tire may be coming soon, going to nag my boss for a sponsor. hehe

You should probably wait till you get the meth on it before raising the boost much... On that note, how high are you planning to go on the boost? You will probably end up with two tunes - one for meth and one without... I would not run very high boost without meth if it was mine.

You sure you have enough fuel supply for nitrous too? What pump do you have again? Are you going to have a stand-alone fuel system for the nitrous, or take it off the rails? You may run into problems trying to pull it off the rails...

Also, what plugs are you running in it - colder plugs for the boost?
    GM EFI Tuner

I plan to run 8-10 psi boost in the end, nothing too radical. Yeah meth is a must on the engine. I am running a 340 lph pump, I have a spare inline fuel pump I was going to use on another project that would work perfect for the nitrous, ill just make a stand alone just to prevent any future issues. I am running stock plugs, what would you reccomend for plugs?

Definitely need colder plugs - and gap them tighter too! One or two steps colder... What is the next spring level you have?
    GM EFI Tuner

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast