Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EFILive Leading Tuning Innovation

Lifetime Member

Default EFILive Leading Tuning Innovation

Gentlemen,

I could not resist posting this ...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39096

The HPT crowd is now asking for what EFILive has to offer ... the Torque Model.

For awhile the reverse was a source of tension on this Forum ... amazing how innovation can quickly change perspectives.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

Lol nice.
    Im glad I went with EFILive and not HPT. I have alot of buddies w/ HPT but with the helpfulness of a few guys so far I am happy. Plus the software (even tho I am using V1) is very easy to navigate Tutorials are amazing and once I get acclimated to using it in general Im sure I will be more comfortable

Recently I was pointed to a thread on another forum where a HPT fan boy was suggesting that the Torque Model was a marketing scam, just like the Virtual VE tables were (just a marketing scam).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Question : I saw this profram a guy developed (beta) that was a Dyno program u interact HPT with and it was really cool. Had it downloaded but never got to play with it since I got EFILive instead of HPT. But is there anything such for EFI?

everyone knows EFILive is top dog. You are either using it or getting beat by it. It is amazing how much crap the Sonic / Cruze crowd right now is talking about our software. I have been outcast-ed and banned for sticking up for EFILive lol. My mistake arguing with a mainstream non-tuning non common sense crowd. I am convinced that with the currently available WORLD CLASS support for E78 / T76, we can meet and exceed the limits of the 1.4t and and have smooth driveability, great efficiency and reliability. Despite Vtuner's outstanding results, and what I've seen on my very fast tune only Cruze they were very skeptical since at the moment, a full racing non EFILive Sonic has the fastest time. Just wait until someone with proper funding spends a few hours tweaking a Sonic so we can snatch this temporary and easy to match record and add it to the huge collection. Btw HP is still dreaming of 2011 Cruze basic tuning lmao...
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Recently I was pointed to a thread on another forum where a HPT fan boy was suggesting that the Torque Model was a marketing scam, just like the Virtual VE tables were (just a marketing scam).
    Too funny ... below is an HPT thread where people are pressing for when their VVE will be ready ... apparently it is in Beta.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37308

Guess HPT is joining in on the marketing scam ...

Regards,
    Taz

I just posted on the G8 forum about it to.

Lifetime Member

They have their 4 year anniversary for the last public release coming up shortly too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mikz86ta View Post
    Question : I saw this profram a guy developed (beta) that was a Dyno program u interact HPT with and it was really cool. Had it downloaded but never got to play with it since I got EFILive instead of HPT. But is there anything such for EFI?
    EFILive has had two way dyno interaction for years. It was first developed with Mainline Dyno's here in Australia (handy when they are just around the corner). Essentially the Dyno PC talks to the V2 unit, from that the dyno gets all the scantool data off the vehicle and the V2 can pass through dyno data (such as power, torque, WBO2 etc) to the EFILive scantool. If you look in the V2 menu where it talks about the Serial Port settings, there is the option, for WBO2 or Dyno, this is what the dyno setting is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    I have been outcast-ed and banned for sticking up for EFILive lol. My mistake arguing with a mainstream non-tuning non common sense crowd.
    Internet forums can be as corrupt as politicians, if you get banned for saying something against the golden child then there is politic$ involved. Whilst we appreciate you trying to educate the forum trolls, sometimes it is a lost cause I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Too funny ... below is an HPT thread where people are pressing for when their VVE will be ready ... apparently it is in Beta.
    I don't think they will ever do that, I think I am right in suggesting that a SD 'custom OS' for the E38 is an additional 2 credits? there's that gone if they implement VVE. I would hate to be in Chris's shoes trying to do the SD COS for all 121 E38/E67 OS's (well, that's how many we support), so maybe the lost revenue is worth it for he's sanity. I assume it would not be a trivial change he's doing, which probably explains why they only offer it on a handful of OS's. Of course then they'll have the fun of doing it all again for the E39 & E78 because the VVE is different on them
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The fan patch is also part of the HPT custom os and not available separately so if you want just that you have to cough up 2 credits ($198 usd)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast