Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCM For Less E-Fans for TBSS

Default PCM For Less E-Fans for TBSS

Is anyone familiar with the E-fans kit From Pcms for less they make for the TBSS or the "discrete" mode that they run off of from the pcm? I have installed them but I was hoping to be able to controle when each fan comes on and I am not seeing how we would go about doing that. I mean I see the fan power ect chart that I can adjust but It doesnt seem to make a difference, and I dont see anywhere that controls when the second fan comes on. Im not even sure what the discrete setting means so I would appreciate any help I can get on the subject. Thanks!

Lifetime Member

I just installed my set a few weeks ago and full flashed the tune from PCM4Less' website to control them. I want to know this as well, I havent bothered with it that much but Ill take a look tomorrow when I have a few minutes to go through my tune. Im guessing that Discrete means the output is not PWM and is an on/off output. I might be wrong here though.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Ok thanks. I can't even verify that #2 fan is gonna come on at all if it ever gets that hot cause I can't set the parameter for that fan low enough to make sure that circuit will ground when it needs to and that I have pinned it correctly and so on...

So i unplugged my #1 fan so that my truck would reach the 207 temp that pcm for less says it needs to reach and watched my data on efi live, and as the temps rose I watched fan relay 1 turn on but #2 never did ..... what really bothers me is like I said before, I dont even see anywhere in the fan section of efi live on the E40 pcm that says anyting about 1or2 fan settings

Lifetime Member

Fan #2 is set to activate at 217 F with the PCM4Less E40 (2006 TBSS) ... FYI

Regards,
    Taz

Thanks Taz, however I have the trouble shooting paper right here in front of me and it says 1 should come one at 192f and 2 should come on at 207f. That being said, I let the truck go all the way to 220 and I never got a "on" command from the PCM. There isnt even a place in the patch for controlling #2 which concerns me. The tune just looks like it is only capable of running one fan even though I did pin #56 on the pcm per pcm for less instructions. I will of course be calling them tommorrow but I was really hoping someone on here could help me out before then.

Lifetime Member

I am no E40 expert - only touch them at gunpoint ! Anyway, Fan 2 may not activate unless the ECM believes Fan #1 on already "On". When you unplug your Fans - try attaching an appropriate jumper wire to complete the circuit - may not make a difference - just a possibility.

Unless Alvin has changed his E40 setup recently, Fan #2 used to be set to activate at 217 F.

Regards,
    Taz

yeah I tried that already and did not help and I am not a fan of the e 40 at all! You cant do nearly as much as you can with other models I have tuned over the years. As far as the parameters I dont know what they have changed or can change but thats just what my paperwork says that came with it. I REALLY appreciate you taking time to try and help me though!

Lifetime Member

If you want, send me a PM with your email address, and with the temperatures you want each fan to turn on and off - will send you an example tune. Getting late here, but tomorrow is Sunday so I could get to it first thing.

Regards,
    Taz

Well those temps would be fine as long as #2 would actually come on....maybe an additional 15 degrees or so less because I did install the 160 stat also but my biggest concern is just figuring out why its the pcm is not giving the on command and how to adjust those temps. Thanks a lot though Taz!!!! Ill send ya a pm, night man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast