Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using in conjunction?

Default Using in conjunction?

Hey there, I read that the efi team hasn't looked into tire size adjustment and also mentioned the possibility of doing so and it not being possible at all. I am more than willing to wait for them to do so, but my tires are not. My question is, has anyone tried using a speedo calib. in conjunction with an efi tune successfully? My tires are about 5k away from being toast and I plan on changing to something 1" taller than my tires I have now. I eventually plan to have a set of wheels and tires in storage for long trips, so the ability to switch is important to me. I have not looked into many speedo calibs., but found this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hypertech-7525...ar=1&carId=001

What I want to achieve 100% flawless is to use the hypertech while I already have my truck tuned and not creating issues within my ECM, or the efi team could drop the 03-05 work for a while and push forward to this
    2007 5.9 SBT & ATP Tuning

It's been hit and miss as far as I know. We are assuming that changing the tire calibrations in the ECM is probably going to get it's own internal speed calculations correct, but, the speedo itself doesn't seem to change, so we are assuming that the correction might be done on another module (ABS maybe).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcz450 View Post
    Hey there, I read that the efi team hasn't looked into tire size adjustment and also mentioned the possibility of doing so and it not being possible at all. I am more than willing to wait for them to do so, but my tires are not. My question is, has anyone tried using a speedo calib. in conjunction with an efi tune successfully? My tires are about 5k away from being toast and I plan on changing to something 1" taller than my tires I have now. I eventually plan to have a set of wheels and tires in storage for long trips, so the ability to switch is important to me. I have not looked into many speedo calibs., but found this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hypertech-7525...ar=1&carId=001

What I want to achieve 100% flawless is to use the hypertech while I already have my truck tuned and not creating issues within my ECM, or the efi team could drop the 03-05 work for a while and push forward to this
    If you can borrow a Smarty from someone, you could use it to calibrate your tires and still use EFI. I believe Ross is right in that the speedo is controlled through the ABS which EFI doesn't play with.
    '07 5.9 Mega 3500
    11.7 @ 118 / 8200lbs

Quote Originally Posted by triton View Post
    If you can borrow a Smarty from someone, you could use it to calibrate your tires and still use EFI. I believe Ross is right in that the speedo is controlled through the ABS which EFI doesn't play with.
    Right that's what I was under the impression of was control through the abs(assumed). Originally I used a friends smarty to change my tire size and after that I was speaking with my tuner and he advised me to use a clean tune from the file depot, and then I could flash his starter tune. I guess I need to return my truck to stock, IIRC load a SW from the smarty(necessary if I remember), then change the size and flash in the tunefiledepot clean one and flash in the starter again.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It's been hit and miss as far as I know. We are assuming that changing the tire calibrations in the ECM is probably going to get it's own internal speed calculations correct, but, the speedo itself doesn't seem to change, so we are assuming that the correction might be done on another module (ABS maybe).
    I've been meaning to ask, but I had to replace my ECM last summer, the shop said half of it "died". Would you all need one to study on or anything? It does me no good sitting in the closet.

The hypertech works fine with the EFI tune, it's what I use for mine.

Cool I may look into it because I'd like to have a summer set of tires and wheels and winter.

well bumping this back up for other people that may encounter this. I tried borrowing my friends Smarty ver.4.17a and when I plugged it into my truck it said that there was an unknown error in the software. I will probably try finding someone local that can do it and if that fails, maybe the dealer.

Haha your nuts!!!

There's no freakin way I'm going to let a smarty come within 5 feet of my ODB port.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Not going to lie. I was glad when it messed up. Local dealer is going to take care of me. Go figure the smarty messes up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast