Thread: Question about GM.TRQENG pid

Default Question about GM.TRQENG pid

I am trying to tune my transmission pressures to make my truck a little more friendly to drive normal but I'm having issues.. I am trying to lower the line pressure in the lower load ranges so the shifts are not so harsh and raise it up in the higher load areas so it shifts nice under load and doesnt burn up. I was trying to do it by just assuming that while under light load it should be making between 100-200 ft lbs. That didnt work so I logged a bunch of tranny pids including the GM.TRQENG pid and its all making sense why I cant tame down the shifts like I want to. This goofy thing thinks its making over 300 ftlbs at 22% throttle and around 2000 rpm....... Im thinking that is extremely inaccurate, My question is: what does it use to come up with those numbers?? I assume it uses a calculation from the amount of fuel being used (among other things obviously) and the fact that I am running it on e85 and my "flex fuel" sensor isnt working properly (at all) I am guessing it thinks this thing is a monster that makes stupid amounts of torque when really its just confused. I have not changed anything to tell it that it is not running straight gas as I dont think its necessary when the flex fuel sensor is functioning. (could be wrong but figure I will cross that bridge when we get there) Is this something that will sort itself out when I get the fuel sensor issues sorted out? any thoughts??
    1994 K1500 6.0 single turbo E85 all accessories and gauges work as if gm installed it at the factory.... functional tune pending..
    1973 Camaro 427 CI SBC powerglide 8.5" 10 bolt.. 10.10 @135 1/4 N/A

Try this instead: use the Torque Reduction tables to soften the shifts (i.e. add some TR back in).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Try this instead: use the Torque Reduction tables to soften the shifts (i.e. add some TR back in).
    I would rather not add anymore variables to it or let it pull more timing on a boosted application thats already in the single digits on timing, also my tune never had any torque reduction in it from the beginning that I recall. There is an obvious issue with the way its working as is sits, the epc current is at 0.1 almost all the time and even at an idle it thinks its making 150+ ft lbs. I have adjusted all the pressure tables and it is a lot better at light cruise but unless you are driving it like a little old lady the line pressure is basically maxed out all the time and I still need to up it even more in the upper load range but before I do that I have to get this sorted out or im going to have the tranny out replacing hard parts once a week... in park at an idle the line pressure is 160 and thats waaaay too much at an idle for multiple reasons.
    1994 K1500 6.0 single turbo E85 all accessories and gauges work as if gm installed it at the factory.... functional tune pending..

Ok, I see...

the airmass model effects how the PCM calculates TRQENG... i.e. the VE and MAF tables have to be correct for TRQENG to come out close to correct.

so it running on E85 when it thinks its running on gas is most definitely the reason for its madness... Also Im running mafless does that have something to do with it??

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ok, I see...

the airmass model effects how the PCM calculates TRQENG... i.e. the VE and MAF tables have to be correct for TRQENG to come out close to correct.
    Garbage in garbage out! Make sure your air model is correct as thats where that torque value is based off of.

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!