Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue with P0315 Returning

Default Issue with P0315 Returning

Guys -

I just completed a CASE LEARN on a 2010 L9H 6.2L truck engine that was placed into a 2011 Jeep Rubicon.

I have not been able to drive it yet, but the code and MIL returned after it sitting for a day without battery power... I had to pull the steering wheel and removed the negative battery cable and then turned the key "on" to make sure I had no power before removing the airbag.

After a re-start yesterday the code had returned.

Could this cause the return? Is it normal for the re-learn to take several attempts?

Thanks in advance,

John~

I'm running a just purchased EFILive 7.5 with the latest updates

When you perform the CASE relearn, do you immediately release the throttle after the engine stumbles (after passing 4000 rpm)...?

After releasing the throttle, do you let the engine spin down to idle, and then turn off the key and wait at least 20 seconds (with key off)...?

Which PCM are you using...?

How did you wire power to it, on the wiring diagram did you consider the differences between "HOT at all times" and "HOT in Run"...?

Either the CASE relearn is not completing and saving the results, or your ECM is losing all power.

joecar,

Yes, that was the procedure I utilized - I searched and used the procedure posted on this forum

I went about it a few times as I was looking for some type of pop up to tell me I was doing it correctly.. Then after I thought this wasn't working I went and restarted the truck and the Mil was out - Scanned and the code was gone. Success I thought!!!

I then had to remove the steering wheel so I disconnected the negative battery cable, waited and confirmed no power by turning on the ignition prior to disconnecting the air-bag...

Truck was without battery power for 30 hrs. and upon another start last night the code and MIL were back :(

Ive read that the learned procedure can be erased if the battery goes dead while the ignition is left on. I just didn't know if somehow I recreated the same situation??? (Battery disconnected and then turn the ignition on)

I've also read that it could take several attempts to have it be successful???

Coming here where I trust the knowledge to get the straight answers...

Thanks,

John

jocar,

E38 PCM wired into the GM PDC (Power Distribution Center) which is wired directly to the battery so it should be HOT all the time.

Thanks,

John-

Quote Originally Posted by Protec View Post

I went about it a few times as I was looking for some type of pop up to tell me I was doing it correctly..
    Hi John,

Did the engine stumble...? If it did not then the procedure did not work.

Actually, if the ECM loses power when the key is off it should retain the CASE info...

if the ECM loses power while the key is on it may lose the CASE info.

Lifetime Member

Hello John,

Perhaps asking the obvious ... for the CASE to take, the ECT parameters must be met, and ECM must "see" brake pedal input (not the parking brake), zero VSS, and a "Park" signal (if using a tune configured for an automatic transmission).

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Hello John,

Perhaps asking the obvious ... for the CASE to take, the ECT parameters must be met, and ECM must "see" brake pedal input (not the parking brake), zero VSS, and a "Park" signal (if using a tune configured for an automatic transmission).

Regards,
    Taz
    +1 on all those inputs.

Gents,

Appreciate the responses...

Yes, all inputs were met and the procedure was successful as demonstrated by the next start where the MIL light was off and a check of the DTC Codes revealed that code was gone.

Are you saying that even thought the code was gone and the MIL off, the PCM could have not retained or properly learned the new position and eventually set the code again due to one or more of the missing inputs?

J~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast