Thread: Just got my V2 and can't read my ECM... Error ($312)

Exclamation Just got my V2 and can't read my ECM... Error ($312)

Im current as of today, updated via the EFI Live site. I just received my V2 in the mail today and followed all the update instructions. Tried to read the ECM to get the OS version and it failed. Then after i read some recent update problem posts on this forum i downloaded all the current software from the site and im still getting the error. I attached a screen shot. Every attempt to read the ECM has failed. Very bummed i can't use my new toy.... Anyone else had this? Any ideas? truck is a 2008 6.7L Cummins manual. Also previously tuned with a H&S Mini Maxx.. Stumped.........

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Firmware for the V2 is the May 29 2012 version

H&S leaves the ECM in a unreadable state...even when returned to stock.

You need to get a dealer flash to put the ECM back into stock mode so that it can be read/write successfully.

Venture into the 6.7 forum and there will be many answers to your questions.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Thanks Les, we ended up dealing with this one via Email too, the conclusion was exactly what you said "H&S leaves the ECM in a unreadable state...even when returned to stock."
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

NOT what I wanted to hear. I'm going to try the return to stock thing once more.

So there is no other way to flash it without going to the dealer? Because if I have the dealer flash it then I'm stuck there till I can get a tune to flash in and run deleted. Thanks for the responses just not the news I wanted to hear.

Way to hodge podge H&S. Thanks alot.....

-Powder Keg

Dealer flash ENSURES that ALL crap from H&S is gone...there have been known issues with ghosts being left behind if you just flash a tune in.

You can build a tune from the files from tunefiledepot.com...go to the dealer get the flash, read it out, and script your built tune over your fresh file and go from there.

Prob spend 20min in dealer lot after dealer flash, and your on your way.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Ok thanks everyone.

I was under the assumption the I could just flash a known good manual trams stock file over what my previous tuner left. But I also don't see a manual file on tune depot and if I can't read what os I have then I guess a dealer trip is in order.

Thanks again for all the fast responses!

-Powder Keg

Lifetime Member

Yep, sorry you have to take a trip to the dealer. Blame H&S for that! But, the good news is, you wont have any ghosts left over like Les said so future tuning will be much easier.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Well I was able to get it read. There was something fishy with the SD card and even though the mini Maxx was saying it was returned to stock it wasn't doing it.

It looks like the file is good. I had Dave look at it. I will go to the dealer if I need to but it's a 4 hr round trip to see a mod friendly dealer.

Ours here in town will black list the truck if I bring it there and I don't want to screw someone else if I ever put all the stock components back on and sell it.

Thoughts on still flashing?

Thanks guys

-Powder Keg