Thread: Licensed ECM can be retune with another v2???

Lifetime Member

Default Licensed ECM can be retune with another v2???

My truck (06 5.3 4L60E silverado) has a Mail Tuned ECM with EFILIVE,, and i just get the EFILIVE v2,, can i reflash the tune on this licensed ECM, without using my licenses??

How do i check is this ECU is licensed???

Or do i need to licensed it with my V2 to be able to reflash it??

Lifetime Member

Licenses are tied to the FlashScan device, they are not stored in the vehicle controller (ECM,PCM, TCM). If you are using a different FlashScan unit to tune a vehicle, you will need to license the controller to the new FlashScan irrespective of it being previously tuned and licensed to a different FlashScan device.

Cheers
    Cindy

The license are married to each V2. The same pcm could be licensed to multiple V2's. So basically you will have to license it to your V2.

Lifetime Member

No, you will have to use one of your licenses to flash your PCM. The only way to not use a license would be to have the original tuner let you borrow his/her V2 (doubtful), or you purchase a stream license (not practical for 1 vehicle).

If it has been previously tuned, just make sure your tuner did not lock the PCM. If so, you'll have to have them unlock it, give you the key, or buy a new PCM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

thank you very much to everyone.. all is clear about that..

How about the opposite scenario, can more than one V2 be licensed to the same controller? I.e. if I had two V2's and wanted to use either one with the same controller, could both be licensed to it? I don't think I've ever read where this has been mentioned before.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    How about the opposite scenario, can more than one V2 be licensed to the same controller? I.e. if I had two V2's and wanted to use either one with the same controller, could both be licensed to it? I don't think I've ever read where this has been mentioned before.

Hi,, someone just say it some replys above:

The license are married to each V2. The same pcm could be licensed to multiple V2's. So basically you will have to license it to your V2

take care =)

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    Hi,, someone just say it some replys above:

The license are married to each V2. The same pcm could be licensed to multiple V2's. So basically you will have to license it to your V2

take care =)
    Yep, you can link a PCM to as many V2/ACs as you want, just have to pay the license fee for each V2/AC. Ive thought about linking my 08 TBSS to one of my ACs, but then Ill blow another $125 license. Not worth it when Ive got it licensed to my V2 already.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.