Thread: Where can I download Bootblock and Firmware files?

Default Where can I download Bootblock and Firmware files?

Hi - needing to update my V2 after years of being out of the game - need to give a tuner a file of my truck read with V8. I have downloaded and installed V7.5 and V8 on my computer and tried to update via the auto methods, but when I try to update the bootblock it says S0101 No Data Received after that. I see where I can manually update the bb and fw through EFI Explorer by selecting the files.... where can I download these files standalone??

Thanks!

Matt
    2008 Chevy DMax CCSB 4x4 LTZ LMM- EFI LIVE 500HP DD Tune, Suncoast 4 1057, 5" MBRP Turboback no cat/muff/*** , S&B Intake, SD Tie Rod Sleeves & Manifold, Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Brace Kit, Transgo Jr., Belltech 3" Lowering Shackles, Escalade Handles, 5% tint all around, Billet Bowtie and Precision Billet Grille, V1. 10000K HIDs

I think I hosed it.

I went thru a bunch of menus "updating" the bootblock from the V2 keypad and I think it updated it to nothing.... the thing just hangs at the EFI LIVE spash screen usually, and if it will get thru past that then the computer still doesnt recognize it as being connected.

Is there a way I can put anything on a SD card and load it that way from the unit itself? I think I made a boo boo....I need to start from the beginning :(
    2008 Chevy DMax CCSB 4x4 LTZ LMM- EFI LIVE 500HP DD Tune, Suncoast 4 1057, 5" MBRP Turboback no cat/muff/*** , S&B Intake, SD Tie Rod Sleeves & Manifold, Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Brace Kit, Transgo Jr., Belltech 3" Lowering Shackles, Escalade Handles, 5% tint all around, Billet Bowtie and Precision Billet Grille, V1. 10000K HIDs

Download/install V7 and V8 from here: downloads

Then start EFILive Explorer, goto the Firmware tab, and flash in the bootblock and the firmware.

BUT: if your firmware is earlier than 2.07.xx then stop and post here before proceeding.

Thanks for the help Joe, hopefully you can help me through this.

Its a bit more complicated then doing that... when I do that it doesnt recognize the V2 being plugged in. When I plug the V2 in via USB about 1/3 the time it sits with the backlight on and the center solid blue LED lit, 1/3 the time hangs at the EFI LIVE splash scren, and the other 1/3 the time starts up at ATTENTION: Boot block has been upgraded. License will be upgrade now. Then I hit OK, warning do not remove power, OK and upgrade successful OK instantly, then to the main V2 screen. During none of those times can the computer communicate with it.

I hadnt used my V2 since early 2008 and even then hadnt done any of the upgrades so this was on somewhat original BB and FW. Earlier today I couldnt get anything to work and manually thru the menus on the V2 I went to bootblock upgrade or somethign similar and it did a memory check, then said it upgraded it.... but I think it upgraded it to "nothing", so to speak?

Anything Im describing make any sense? Thanks so much again for your help.

Going thru the menu in the V2 it says it has FW 2.05.21 Sep 25 2008 and Boot Block 2.05.04 Oct 16 2007
    Last edited by Code3Response; May 30th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Ok, you have bootblock 2.05.04 and firmware 2.05.21...

Have a careful read thru the attached document, read/understand the whole document before proceeding;

Then when you understand the document, look at page 3, see B, start at 1:
    B If FlashScan has boot block V2.05.04, please perform these steps:
    1. Program firmware V2.05.14 (unless V2.05.14 is already installed in your FlashScan).
    2. Program boot block V2.07.xx.
    3. Program the highest version number firmware file from the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware
    Also see this (on page 9):
    If you attempt to program firmware other than V2.05.14 when the boot block is V2.05.04, then your FlashScan device will fail to operate. In that case you MUST manually place FlashScan in dead poll mode and program firmware V2.05.14 into FlashScan to recover FlashScan.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Holy crap.... seems as if those steps all worked

I put in 2.05.14 manually, then the 2.07 BB, then the highest FW file in that folder, 2.07.31

Those are the highest BB and FW, correct? Thats it - Im done? I can now attempt to read my truck and everything should work? I assume it copies the old VIN licenses over?

If everything works Im gonna be stoked - figured I had bricked this thing.
    Last edited by Code3Response; May 30th, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Start V7 tunetool, goto Help->FlashScan V2 Licensing , you should see your PCM licenses there.

Yes, BB 2.07.04 and FW 2.07.31.

Now, start the V8 S&T software, goto BBx, on the Scan tab configure pidlists for your PCM, and on the Tune tab configure your PCM, click Save, click Program All (see down arrow next to Program).