Thread: Newbie looking for direction

Default Newbie looking for direction

HI ALL!! just trying to tinker with an 03 lb7 .
    looking for good mileage more than power.
    ill try to post what i have thus far.
    thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

If this is a stock trans truck, your pushing to much fuel in the top end. Unfortunately LB7's won't see big jumps in milage like later engines will, but you can get a little more. Give me a little time and I will get one posted up for you to try out.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    If this is a stock trans truck, your pushing to much fuel in the top end. Unfortunately LB7's won't see big jumps in milage like later engines will, but you can get a little more. Give me a little time and I will get one posted up for you to try out.

The Trans is a new stock allison. 125k on the truck. With it as is he is getting 21-22mpg interstate.
    I was summoned to eliminate egr and HOPING to squeak just a tiny bit more mpg.
    The truck has 4 inch straight piped exhaust and 265 Tires.
    This is my VERY first time with efi live and I'm already smiling with what
    I have for capabilities With it. Absolutely AMAZING what's possible

hey THEFERMANATOR, while your at it give him some more RPM, bump up the mm3 in the 3K+ range in B0727. his 4500 limit in B0725 wont do him any good with out the fuel. (i would also limit to something like 3800 RPM too)
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

rizaptor 2.tun
    Try this one out and see how it does. It is a combo tune I built up for a single tune for all around use. It is still safe for towing, but use your head and make sure and let the trans learn it. It's only 20% over fuel, but has limped a few stock trannies with it. I hope it works well as it is built for an 02 operating system, but yours is the goofy one with EGR in it and has alot of wierd scaling in it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

well im deleting egr so anything we can do to upgrade as if it was a non-egr engine the better i suppose.
    thanks for the file!!! ill see what it does.
    should i do the fast learn adapt with the gm tech2??

EGR is deleted in the tune I sent you, as well as reduced glow plug time, lowered idle speed, and federal emissions fuel pressure table. Try it just like it is first and see how it runs. This tune has gotten some decent milage out of other trucks. Just make sure to let the trans adapt to it as it is on the upper end for HP towing.

well i had the chance to set it up, runs great. seems to have quite a bit more power. ill be looking for a mileage report from him soon.
    thanks!!