Thread: help with a 2005 gto powertrain in a 56 bentley

Default help with a 2005 gto powertrain in a 56 bentley

Customer supplied ecm and harness from a local company and the tune is way off. trying to load a factory tune back in to start but the os from tunefiledepot.com is 12596734 and it says its not compatible for the current os which is 12598977. any advice on how to get a stock tune back in the ecm?

when i write the os and calibration to the ecm it wont run.
    Last edited by TonyArme; June 6th, 2012 at 03:56 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TonyArme View Post
    ... trying to load a factory tune back in ... is 12596734 and it says its not compatible for the current os which is 12598977 ...
    I think you are little confused on what constitutes a "factory tune" as you put it. The OS in the E40 ECM as delivered to you (OS12598977) IS a factory 2005 GTO tune - it is an update to the previous OS (OS12596734) - with updated DTC programming.

If you are an experienced EFILive user - adjust the tune as necessary to achieve the level of driveability you require. If you are a new user, and are not sure what changes the previous tuner made - then you will need to open both tunes separately (cannot compare tunes directly with differing OS) and go through each table by table, parameter by parameter - altering the as delivered tune to what you believe to be a "stock" configuration.

Couple of hours of work - and a great way to get acquainted with the software.

Regards,
    Taz

I agree with being a little confused.

I am a new user and just starting to get familar with the v2. The ecm has been calibrated in some fashion so if the only option to revert it back to stock is by going threw and comparing then i guess that will be the way to start. Just so you know what the issues are it just seems to have no power and the fan output wire sends a ground signal as soon as the engine fires there for the fan is always running no matter what the ect is (80 degrees or 180). Checked over everything mechanically and it seems good. after realoading the baseline calibration the car ran very well the first time out then after that it went back to being sluggish. i have yet to get a data log on the car and there are no dtc's. i figured the best way to start would be from a stock tune and tweak that because the only modification engine wise are shorty headers and a aftermarket intake so there really shouldn't be much adjustments necessary. Also, is there a place to get a stock os12598977 vs the os12596734

"2005 gto powertrain in a 56 bentley"
    Photo's, Photo's, please!
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TonyArme View Post
    ... is there a place to get a stock os12598977 vs the os12596734 ...
    Anyone with a Tech 2 type device and a TIS subscription could provide this service to you. Your local GM dealer may or may not help out with this - some won't program the ECM if it is not in the original vehicle.

Regards,
    Taz

Any idea why the low speed fan output wire would always have the fan come on once the engine is running. It is set to discrete and when you go into the fan to ect perecent it is 100% all the way from 192f to how ever hot it gets. i have tried changing to 89% and nothing changed, fan is still always on unless the engine is not runnig.. it has a single relay powering the fan and uses the out put signal from the ecm to activate it. the a/c is external so it is not tied to the ecm in anyway at the moment. the harness we have has a light green wire that your supposed to put a signal wire from the compressor to so the ecm knows you have requested the ac and should turn the fan on
    Last edited by TonyArme; June 6th, 2012 at 02:16 PM.

Try taking the % out of the 192 cell. I thought that was a clitch that was fixed along time ago. Anyway try that and see if it fixes your issue.