Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Time

Default Real Time

I'm just curious why we can't have any Real Time tuning stuff with V2, without having the additional expense of the Moates RoadRunner? I know that the "other" tuning software has a operating system that supports it. I think that it would make it so much easier to see what adjustments affect the car & having the ablility to change them without loading a different calibration in the car.

Lifetime Member

Except that the "other" software is not true, real time tuning. At least it wasnt a few years back.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

That solution shares some of the PCM's memory which would be bad if it accidentally overlaps the PCM's working space.

ok, I think I get it. So with the RR is everything able to be changed in realtime?

Yes, the RR replaces the entire flash space with dynamic memory so any table/parameter can be changed in realtime.

The HPT realtime gives you just a select few tables to alter realtime, but given it's working on the Class2 data bus (slow) I don't know how responsive it really is. With the Moates system every table and parameter you see in EFILive can be modified reatime, and, it's over the USB port, not the vehicle data bus.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Maybe I'll have to start saving up for one. 3 years with EFILive & all I can do is change very minor things lol It don't help that I rarely drive the car either.

Yes, the USB port is several orders of magnitude faster than the Class 2 bus...

12 Mb/s vs 10 Kb/s

(b=bits)

the HPT solution is better than nothing but laggy and you're stuck with a fixed set of tables, not to mention the changes are temporary. If the software crashes (likely) and you keyoff you will loose your work.

Great thing about Roadrunner the obvious tables aside is being able to adjust shift points and TCC on the fly without reflashing.

I use both and you can not even compare the two. My road runner was worth every penny and has paid for it self 10x over easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast