Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New product for EFILive needed.

Default New product for EFILive needed.

I have looked around for a wideband and controller for a while now. All the commercial offerings I see are very complete. Too complete. By that I mean every one of them offers at least the WB output and another output or 2 and logging. Some have the option to connect an inductive sensor for measuring spark for rpm's. Since I can get all this info with EFILIve if I purchase one of these units I will be buying redundant capability. I have found one unit that just give a voltage output but it is a kit you must buy and build yourself.

Can anyone direct me to someone that makes a controller with just an output that I can plug into my FlashScan cable?

http://wbo2.com/order.htm

Go here and click on "Click for first step". It looks like you can pick and choose.
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

so what all is needed to use wideband on efilive? I dont need all the dashboard numbers I just want the things needed to monitor with efilive.

Several of us in the Beta Test group have purchased and are using the PLX M-300 unit which works great!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    so what all is needed to use wideband on efilive? I dont need all the dashboard numbers I just want the things needed to monitor with efilive.
    There are a number of EFI users that have WB's. Maybe they can respond about how their brand works.
    I have the TechEdge 1.5. It's no longer made.
    It looks like the 2.0 needs an LSU sensor, which is relatively inexpensive. You would need the controller and the sensor to controller cable. Suggest you e-mail them and find out what you need for input and output. My 1.5 has different I/O connectors and I had to make my own output from a serial connector.
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

Several of us in the Beta Test group have purchased and are using the PLX M-300 unit which works great! Take a look at this thread http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtop...&highlight=plx and I also put together a diagram of the system hookup on the documents page http://www.efilive.com/doc/wbo2install.pdf. The M-300 has a digital readout and there is an identical model without the readout for about $30 less.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
    Several of us in the Beta Test group have purchased and are using the PLX M-300 unit which works great! Take a look at this thread http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtop...&highlight=plx and I also put together a diagram of the system hookup on the documents page http://www.efilive.com/doc/wbo2install.pdf. The M-300 has a digital readout and there is an identical model without the readout for about $30 less.

Steve
    So the one we need is the plug and play model? with no display?

Either the M-250 or the M-300 will require the same amount of preparation to install temporarily in a vehicle. I had originally planned to save $30 and get the M-250. Now, I'm really glad that I have the M-300 with the display because I frequently reference it whether I'm logging data or not.

There are some other good WBAFR units on the market too. The PLX just has the right blend of size and features in my opinion.

Steve

Lifetime Member

Do we need both, or just the oxygen sensor and harness straight into the efi flashscan?
    $79+$20 is much nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bryant

Steve
    Steve, I have looked at the PLX units and they are great. But they have logging built in and that is what EFILive does better. I also am paying for logging when I shouldn't have to. jfpilla turned me on to the TechEdge site and this is what I found there: (I hope I am not violating any rules of this board by copying and pasting this here. It is for informational purposes only.)

"The 2C0 is Tech Edge's miniature wideband product. We designed it primarily for motorcycle use where its small size is important. 2C0 is also suitable for all wideband applications where the extra logging capabilities of the 2A0 and 2B0 units are not required. It uses the larger M16 processor and more evolved pump cell control technology as found in the 2B0 unit and other more recent WBo2 units."

The fact that it is intended for motorsycle use is of little concern. Without the logging I am saving almost $100 for this unit.

I don't know what the demand is for a non-logging WBO2 controller, but with EFILive there is a need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast