Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New product for EFILive needed.

ArKay99,
    That's what I would have bought. But the 1.5 was the newest model, only a little over a year ago. I had to get the NTK sensor and a Palm. It works great, but I'm envious anyway.
    Joe
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

Lifetime Member

I also did a TechEdge 1.5 when it came out. Nice kit and works well with the NTK sensor. Don't know how anyone can even think about tuning based on regular oxygen sensors and ltrims, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ArKay99
    Steve, I have looked at the PLX units and they are great. But they have logging built in and that is what EFILive does better. I also am paying for logging when I shouldn't have to. jfpilla turned me on to the TechEdge site and this is what I found there: (I hope I am not violating any rules of this board by copying and pasting this here. It is for informational purposes only.)

"The 2C0 is Tech Edge's miniature wideband product. We designed it primarily for motorcycle use where its small size is important. 2C0 is also suitable for all wideband applications where the extra logging capabilities of the 2A0 and 2B0 units are not required. It uses the larger M16 processor and more evolved pump cell control technology as found in the 2B0 unit and other more recent WBo2 units."

The fact that it is intended for motorsycle use is of little concern. Without the logging I am saving almost $100 for this unit.

I don't know what the demand is for a non-logging WBO2 controller, but with EFILive there is a need.
    Remember, Tech Edge comes from Australia (Unless they have US distributors, so don't forget international shipping).

The PLX I have (M-300) does not have on board logging, but I did want the display built in (as it does).

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

Cheers
    Ross

Innovate Motorsports, makers of the well regarded LM-1 are developing a new "black box" unit with no datalogging or display. Rumor is around US$200. Also, Casper's Electronics, the O2 sim folks are reported to be working on a low cost unit as well.
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Lifetime Member

Didn't see a response.

If the flashscan has the inputs, and I only want to use the flashscan for O2 logging, what is the minimum hardware needed?

Quote Originally Posted by dbaxter_ss
    Didn't see a response.

If the flashscan has the inputs, and I only want to use the flashscan for O2 logging, what is the minimum hardware needed?
    You will need the controller to convert the signal from the WBO2 sensor into a 0 - 5v output, so the minimum hardware would be:-

WBO2 sensor
    Cable to conect to controller
    Controller ( with or without readout display and logging features )
    Socket to weld onto exhaust to fit sensor (M18 X 1.5)

I have just purchased the PLX M300 and can highly recommend this unit, I now just have to wait for FLASHSCAN to arrive.

Regards, Mark Barber

Controlling a WBO2 is a fairly complex thing with reasonably large currents needed for the heater controls.....way too much circuitry to squeeze into the Flashscan box.

Cheers,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by dbaxter_ss
    Didn't see a response.

You would need a controller, a WBO2 sensor, a bung, a plug for when you are not logging O2, and some hookup wire, maybe a grommet or 2. You specifically need a controller to heat the sensor and convert it's output to a linear voltage suitable for FlashScan's input.

Well, I don't know what I was reading on the PLX site that confused me, but the PLX M250 looks to be exactly what I need. :oops: No display, no logging, reliable inexpensive WBO2, and cables.
    Thanks Ross! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by ArKay99
    Well, I don't know what I was reading on the PLX site that confused me, but the PLX M250 looks to be exactly what I need. :oops: No display, no logging, reliable inexpensive WBO2, and cables.
    Thanks Ross! :wink:
    For just a couple $ more>

https://www.forced-air.com/index.php...ail&product=64

I could not resist.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12