Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starts but then dies

Default Starts but then dies

2004 Z06

I emailed my tuner and they sent me a tune for the new setup. After the full reflash, I turned the key to the run position a few times to build up fuel pressure. I tried starting the car twice, it started and ran for about 3 seconds then died. Is there any way to tell if I didn't do something right on the install vs the tune?

I tried starting it a few more times this morning and it threw a P0101 code (MAF) System Performance

Was I suppose to do anything after flashing the ECU? Any calibrations?

I did notice a few weird noises coming from the CD player. No idea what the heck that is from. Should I have to charge the new battery?

What I did
    -Replaced the battery
    -Full flash, SD tune replaced with tune for new setup.
    -Replaced 60lb injectors with stock Z injectors
    -Removed STS TT system
    -Installed headers, VRAM, TI Exhaust
    -Removed MSD booster pump, gray wire for fuel pump was cut and I soldered that up
    -Soldered brown and purple MAF wires that were tapped for the remote IAT sensor
    -Removed oil pump for TT system
    -Removed AIR system & rear 02s
    -Removed & reinstalled intake manifold to access AIR pump bracket and clean

Thanks.
    Last edited by Johnnydangerously; June 11th, 2012 at 11:43 PM.

Lifetime Member

Did they change something in the vats? What about the maf fail settings? The po101 should tell you to look at those settings. Maybe it is wired wrong.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

not sure what was done, I don't really play around with their tunes.

Lifetime Member

Do you have an AutoCal or a V2 ? Support for your issues should come from your tuner - which is why you retained them in the first place.

It sounds like you have made numerous physical changes to the vehicle's systems - this will take some sorting out - between you and your tuner.

An SD tune should set MAF DTCs - this is what causes the controller to only use the VE / VVE tables (SD mode), and ignore the MAF (whether the MAF is physically in the vehicle or absent). The MIL parameters should be setup such that the MIL is not illuminated by the MAF DTCs, but if you connect a scanner the MAF DTCs will be detected in the controller.

Contact your tuner for support.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Do you have an AutoCal or a V2 ? Support for your issues should come from your tuner - which is why you retained them in the first place.

It sounds like you have made numerous physical changes to the vehicle's systems - this will take some sorting out - between you and your tuner.

An SD tune should set MAF DTCs - this is what causes the controller to only use the VE / VVE tables (SD mode), and ignore the MAF (whether the MAF is physically in the vehicle or absent). The MIL parameters should be setup such that the MIL is not illuminated by the MAF DTCs, but if you connect a scanner the MAF DTCs will be detected in the controller.

Contact your tuner for support.

Regards,
    Taz
    Hi Taz, thanks for the response and explanation of the SD tune parameters.

I have a V2..

The owner of the shop has been in touch with me, we are just waiting for the man with the laptop to get in. I was hoping I could try some additional trouble shooting in the mean time.

Look at the STATExx pids to see if VATS is preventing engine run.

My tuner shot me an email and said VATS wasn't off.

I uploaded the new tune that turned off VATS but the car is still dying after about 5 seconds. Runs fine then bogs down and keput.

Assuming the tune is fine, what would be the process of tracking down the problem?

Lifetime Member

Post up the tune file, so the vats and other settings can be verified. Cant assume it is in sd mode. Maf dtcs can be set for various reasons. wrong wiring,bad maf and putting it in sd mode.Joecar suggested a start for you to try.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Could you post your tune file
    EFILive Tuner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast