Thread: V7.5 Scan tool error

Default V7.5 Scan tool error

2006 LBZ

I'm using the latest V7(206) & V8(197) software. Firmware & Boot block are up to date. Black box logging works fine.

I can validate the PIDs. The DVT controls don't work. I get a $11 error when I try monitoring.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

You don't need to be monitoring to use the DVT controls.

The error is not related to DVT operation, its a quirk in the way EFILive scans data from LBZ/LMM controllers.

If you do want to monitor or record data on the LBZ/LMM controllers then you need to select at least 3 PIDs (just add SAE.TP and SAE.VSS along with the AUTOLRN PID to make up the required three PIDs).

EFILive does not support generic scanning for the LBZ/LMM controllers. If you have only 1 or 2 PIDs selected, the EFILive software thinks it is faster to use generic scanning than enhanced packet scanning so tries to scan those 1 or 2 PIDs using generic scanning which fails as "not supported" (i.e. error $11) on the LBZ/LMM controllers.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

DVT controls don't work. If I try to change idle speed by checking the check box, the engine dies (no matter where the requested idle speed is). EGR and the Vane control both change the sound of the engine when checked, but the percentage slide bar does nothing. I can cycle the DTC and Glow Plugs lights.

As for the PIDs, I have tried as many as 22 PIDs with the same result (most are diesel specific).

I have used both DVT controls and logging with V7 with no problems in the past, so something has changed.

Thanks
    Jay
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)

I did a clean install of the EFILive software and resolved the data logging problem.
    I still have a problem with the DVT controls not working. What should work on an LBZ? I can toggle the check engine light & glow plug light, but none of the other controls work. If I try yo change the idle speed, the engine dies no matter what speed is set. The EGR, VVT, injector shut off and Fuel pressure seem to do nothing. I have this problem on 2 different computers.

Jay
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jay p View Post
    I did a clean install of the EFILive software and resolved the data logging problem.
    I still have a problem with the DVT controls not working. What should work on an LBZ? I can toggle the check engine light & glow plug light, but none of the other controls work. If I try yo change the idle speed, the engine dies no matter what speed is set. The EGR, VVT, injector shut off and Fuel pressure seem to do nothing. I have this problem on 2 different computers.

Jay
    Thanks for the report.

After investigating, it turns out the idle control in the V7 scan tool software was configured incorrectly. No matter what you set it to the idle speed was being commanded to 0rpm. Obviously that will stop the engine as you observed. It is now fixed and will be available in the next update.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I finally got a chance to update the software/firmware and try the DVT controls. All controls now work as expected.

Thanks
    Jay
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)