Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oil life

Problem solved oil life back to normal.
    Hint, it had nothing to do with my Quadzilla, answer is in reply #12.
    Thanks again for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by RVDAN View Post
    Joecar,
    After reading your reply several times including oil life @ 10,000 miles in the tune could that be the cause?
    Like I think you said oil life should have nothing to do with the tune, I agree.
    So 10,000 miles seems like an OK value.. how did this cause the problem?

By duplicating it in the tune, taking out the B1406 table in the tune problem solved.
    Letting the factory setting do its job.
    This does not happen to all vehicles just a few.

I don't have a diesel tune to look at... what is the name/description of table B1406...?

Ok, I pulled down a 2008 LMM tune from www.tunefiledepot.com and gazed thru it...

{B1406} Change Oil Warning Distance

"Maximum distance before the oil change message will come on regardless of oil life remaining percent."

Can someone explain to me how the problem was fixed, and why it was occurring in the first place...?

From what I found out on some vehicles that had this problem like mine duplicating this in the tune is what causes the problem confusing the oil life system.
    By eliminating the B1406 in the tune and just letting the factory settings do its job the problem was solved, why ? who knows but it worked on mine and others when this was eliminated in the tune.
    No other brand programmers includes this in their tuning and they don't have this problem.
    Pretty simple fix but EFI support does not buy this from someone that is not EFI tuner, I tried for about one week emailing back and forth and got no where.
    So now I'm giving up trying to help and moving on, basically being told I don't know what I'm talking about.
    At least my trucks oil life is working like its suppose to again dropping about 1 % for every 90-100 miles instead of 1% for every 10 miles.

Lifetime Member

Dan,

What I said to you was you had tunes from 2 tuners. One fixed your oil life issue, one didn't. It was clear that your 2 tuners used different tuning strategies given they used the same software with different results. You proved that the software worked as designed (ie Oil life was correct) with one tuner, so there is nothing to change in the software.

EFILive cannot be held responsible for the different tuning strategies of different tuners. You have the results of your investigations, you should go back to your tuner and ask them to implement your findings if that's the result you want.

Cheers
    Cindy

Your still not getting it, one includes the B1406 table in the tunes others don't.
    Ross clearly stated he did not know what causes this and my former tuner was not going to try anything unless EFI wanted to look over my tune and make suggestions
    Which you did not.
    So I had to find another EFI tuner that would take care of my concerns which cost me another $500, any wonder why I'm upset.
    But hey no problem, at least I won't have to hear we don't know what causes this problem is anymore.
    Last edited by RVDAN; June 26th, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Dan, there seems to be a miscommunication here.
    Look at it from EFILive support perspective, every EFILive user/tuner out there has the same tables and parameters (including B1406). The way I understand it, both tuners you've used are using EFILive (is that correct?), with tuner 'x' you have the problem, with tuner 'y' you don't. Why is that something we need to look in to when both have the exact same tuning tools to work with? It's like saying tuner 'x' makes the truck smoke, tuner 'y' doesn't, therefore EFILive should fix the smoke problem. Or is this not the situation?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Because the tuner tells people they don't know what causes this it must be in the tune.
    I just got another PM today from another member with the same issue and being told just to ignore it.
    People that I refered to the tuner are a little upset.
    All I had asked was to try what I have been suggesting and was denied this request.
    I really don't think I was asking to much, since I did buy the product that has a problem that a few don't know what to do to correct it.
    But thanks for your question I am moving on now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast