Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oil life

You might be ready to move on, but I still want to know why this is the fault of EFILive as a product as you seem to be insinuating? Do you understand that your claim reads that it's the fault of EFILive and EFILive support because tuners are using different methods to tune trucks and we couldn't somehow fix that? Can you clarify, the tune that is now in your truck (created by a different user/tuner) with no oil life issues was created with EFILive? The exact same product that you are saying caused your oil life problem.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok here goes final chapter,
    About 2 months ago I got a reply from my tuner with a message from Ross included.
    He stated he still can not figure out what is causing this to happen, if he ever does they will correct it.
    So I figured out why and tried to pass it on to EFI support with the suggestion then was told they can not do anything because everyone has their own way.
    I thought they would be interested in solving this issue from the message that was forwarded to me from EFI 2months ago, but apparently they are not.
    And again its not the EFI product in general its in the tuning.
    I hope this make some since as to why I'm a little frustrated with support and the tuner, when they still are saying they don't know what causes this.
    Wouldn't you be to.
    This was before I jumped ship.

I understand Dan you feel you hit a brick wall, but just so everyone reading along can make sense of this can you please answer these two questions.

1 - Was the tune that was causing the oil life issues was created by a tuner using EFILive?
    2 - Was the tune that FIXED the oil life issues created by a different tuner, but still using EFILive?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

What I think happened here is he got a different OS from the 2nd tuner. There are 2 different OS's for most LMM's, the 7083 and the 8594. The 8594 HAS the B1406 table whereas the 7083 does NOT have this table. Also the 8594 OS has alot of wierd quirks in it that MANY have experienced, and is why many go back to the early 7083 OS to get a more consistent tune. If I understand his posts correctly, he is saying the 2nd tune that fixed the issue does not have the B1406 in it which would meen it is a 7083 OS as it is the only one I am aware of that does not have it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I understand Dan you feel you hit a brick wall, but just so everyone reading along can make sense of this can you please answer these two questions.

1 - Was the tune that was causing the oil life issues was created by a tuner using EFILive? YES
    2 - Was the tune that FIXED the oil life issues created by a different tuner, but still using EFILive? YES
    Where I am now having a problem with EFILive support is the first tuner had asked Ross @ EFI for assistance to help solve this problem.
    Ross has been working on it but has not figure out what causes this yet, when he figures out the problem he would let the tuner know.
    I did include this message from Ross to my tuner in one of my correspondences with support last week.
    Apparently this breaks protocal from someone else @ EFILive support.
    I guess they should inform Ross he should not be advising the tuners on any programming issues.

All I was trying to do was to let EFI support know there is a fix and maybe contact Ross so the tuner would be able to solve the problem, but I could not get past 1st base.

What am I suppose to tell others wanting to know if I have the same issue and if I ever got it fixed ? I did refer a lot of people to this tuner.
    Yes, but I had to go to another EFI tuner to solve this issue. I don't want to do that.
    A customer should not have to go thru this much BS from support to help to get something corrected, so other customers don't have to be disappointed like I was.
    I was just trying to help other EFI customers that is having this issue, but I hit a block wall trying to do something to help.
    I hope this answers your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    What I think happened here is he got a different OS from the 2nd tuner. There are 2 different OS's for most LMM's, the 7083 and the 8594. The 8594 HAS the B1406 table whereas the 7083 does NOT have this table. Also the 8594 OS has alot of wierd quirks in it that MANY have experienced, and is why many go back to the early 7083 OS to get a more consistent tune. If I understand his posts correctly, he is saying the 2nd tune that fixed the issue does not have the B1406 in it which would meen it is a 7083 OS as it is the only one I am aware of that does not have it.
    I don't know anything about the OS numbers but it appears what your saying is correct the one without the B1406 in the tune.
    This is what I requested but only the 2nd tuner would do it. This was a simple fix for me from #2.
    Now its just getting someone to get this info to someone higher up, way above support.
    God, I can't beleive a person has to go to this extreem to try to get something corrected for others.
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by RVDAN; June 27th, 2012 at 05:30 AM.

Lifetime Member

I still don't see how this is EFILive's fault. It sounds 100% like a problem with tuner #1 to me. What is EFILive supposed to do, tell a tuner how to tune?

Ok, what I'm reading is that the ECM got flashed with with a different OS (done by tuner person #1) and this caused the Oil Life to malfunction...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    I still don't see how this is EFILive's fault. It sounds 100% like a problem with tuner #1 to me. What is EFILive supposed to do, tell a tuner how to tune?
    Its not EFILive's fault but the tuner did ask Ross for advice as to what might be the problem.
    Stupid me thought EFI would like to know to help the tuner solve the issue since he did ask for advice, but I guess not.

Which is fine, I really don't care anymore.
    So now please close this thread at my request.
    Last edited by RVDAN; June 27th, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ok, what I'm reading is that the ECM got flashed with with a different OS (done by tuner person #1) and this caused the Oil Life to malfunction...
    Yes, and your the person that opened my eye's to what could be causing this.
    I do thank you,
    Last edited by RVDAN; June 27th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast