Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Oil life

Lifetime Member

Dan,

Ross has responded to you in this thread a number of time. Ross is GMPX.
    You already know that I am EFI Support on other forums and you have been PM'ing me.

Given you specifically asked me not to forward your PM's to your tuner, I respected your request and didn't, but you've now disclosed pretty much everything publicly. For closure on this issue, I will forward this thread to your original tuner so that he is aware that you did find a solution.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by RVDAN View Post
    Its not EFILive's fault but the tuner did ask Ross for advice as to what might be the problem.
    And I am sure if I go back over the correspondence with them I probably said exactly what I've posted about it in this thread. The thing is, the tuner in question is someone that has been using EFILive on Duramax's since it first came out, to that I say, who am I to question how they tune, I guarantee you they know a lot more than me on tuning them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    I still don't see how this is EFILive's fault. It sounds 100% like a problem with tuner #1 to me. What is EFILive supposed to do, tell a tuner how to tune?
    Apparently yes, just as much as Bill Gates is supposed to tell you how to write a letter in Word.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I had the same problem for awhile. Somehow the oil life calculation got messed up on one of my tunes. I simply returned the oil life to the stock setting and all is well now. I will look up the parameter and post later.
    Matt

'06LLY, 5" MagnaFlow Turbo-Back Exhaust, EGR Blocker, K&N Filter...

You need to change B1406 to 16000. That is the stock setting. You will find it under "systems, "warnings", "parameters"
    Matt

'06LLY, 5" MagnaFlow Turbo-Back Exhaust, EGR Blocker, K&N Filter...

I'm tuner number 2. I did my normal tuning to this customers truck that I do to them all and his problem went away from the start of using ATP autocal. Not a different OS. EFI software was not a problem, the tuning adjustments that were made was.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Thanks for the clarification Rob.
    Before this turns sour and becomes a tuner vs tuner debate, all I wanted to point out to those reading along was that the RVDAN was trying to suggest that this was an EFILive issue and EFILive support should have fixed it for him. The point has been made clear that both tuners used EFILive to build their tunes, one tune affects the oil life, the other doesn't, end of story as far as EFILive support goes.
    I'll close the thread now so it doesn't turn bad as we don't want tuner wars on this forum, if anyone wants to take it further PM those involved (not me BTW!)
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345