Thread: P.e. mode tables are off in open loop

Default P.e. mode tables are off in open loop

I am running s.d. c.L. mode. My afr is fine at w.o.t. right at 12.5a.f.r. however its in between w.o.t. and step in throttle. What parameters could cause a rich spike in between w.o.t. transitions? It runs about 12.0-12.2 all the way till w.o.t. pulls..

When i run the car in o.l. it reads actually a little lean, around 13.0 til w.o.t. then it goes to 12.5. But when switch back to c.l. it starts the process all over again back to 12.2.. Something in closed loop is causing more fueling.. I just can't put my finger on it. Here is a copy of my o.l. log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2001 camaro z28 ss vert with factory slp upgrades, Hooker long tubes, 3"y-pipe to a 4" muffler, ,airlid,s.s.r.a. ,t.c.bypass,descreened m.a.f. 232/234 .595,.598 +2 comp cam with ported and polished stock heads with .650 lift dual springs and a bowl grind. tuned with EFI Live. All combined to achieve 29 m.p.g. and 399 r.w.h.p. with 384 lbs of torque. sold...

Now own a 2015 1LE camaro

Post your tune file also.

X2 - post the tune...
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Where are these "Rich" spikes? You mention that the issue is when you run CL, but the log file indicates it's an OL tune.

Do you mean the points in between gear changes where you are off and on the throttle? If so, then that's just fuel dynamics.

Simon.

If your wideband AFR doesn't quite follow your commanded AFR, then several things might still need to be done, like putting correct data in the injector tables and correcting the VE table.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Where are these "Rich" spikes? You mention that the issue is when you run CL, but the log file indicates it's an OL tune.

Do you mean the points in between gear changes where you are off and on the throttle? If so, then that's just fuel dynamics.

Simon.
    I'm using my phone, I will post the tune and also a scan in c.l. when I get back to my computer.. joecar. The objectors are stock, can u or should u alter the stock settingd while using stock objectors??
    2001 camaro z28 ss vert with factory slp upgrades, Hooker long tubes, 3"y-pipe to a 4" muffler, ,airlid,s.s.r.a. ,t.c.bypass,descreened m.a.f. 232/234 .595,.598 +2 comp cam with ported and polished stock heads with .650 lift dual springs and a bowl grind. tuned with EFI Live. All combined to achieve 29 m.p.g. and 399 r.w.h.p. with 384 lbs of torque. sold...

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post

Simon.
    While in o.l. it is spot on or close, its when I switch it back to closed loop my a.f.r. drops down to 12.2 until w.o. then it hits its targeted a.f.r.

OK, that would be why we can't see the spikes then.... Post up the CL log and we can have a look at that.

Simon.

Here is a copy of my c.l. scan.. Although of course on this scan it is closer to my desired a.f.r. Maybe cause i reflashed my p.c.m.??
    Attached Files Attached Files