Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 Vette Won't Start After Flashing

Default 02 Vette Won't Start After Flashing

Let me start by saying I know very little about using EFI Live. I've been using HPT and Tunercat OBD1 and 2 for years though. I am trying to help a local shop that has EFI Live but also knows nothing about using it. The vehicle is an 02 twin turbo Vette that was tuned somewhere else (unknown where) with EFI Live and has a COS (2030003) installed. The shop removed some supposedly 80 lb injectors and installed some ID2000s and is going to tune it on E85 now. The car was running on gas. After installing v7.5 and v8.2 on my laptop I was able to read the file out of the Vette. All I changed was the IFR table, voltage offset, and short pulse adder using the data from Injector Dynamics web site. I then did a write calibration. Everything seemed to go fine. No errors reading or writing the file. Now the car won't start. Checking with a noid light we are not getting any injector pulses while cranking. We get one flash on the noid light with key on. The car would start and run fine before changing the injectors and reading and flashing the tune. What did I do wrong? When I opened the original file I read out I did get these errors. I didn't change anything in these tables. I just ignored them since the car was running fine with this file in it.

EFILive Custom Calibrations
    {A0000} Forced Octane Scaler, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0001} Forced Octane Scaler Percentage, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0002} Octane Scaler Limiter, was out of range when loaded.

Would you be willing to post up the tune? It sounds like the COS was not set correctly to begin with if you are seeing those errors.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Here they are.
    Attached Files Attached Files

First thing I did was to fix those out of range warnings, that would have been causing some weird spark timing for sure. That won't fix your problem, but you shouldn't run the old tune with those warnings.
    Is the flow rate of those injectors really 180+ lb/hr? Because that is what the flow table is set to.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GMPX; June 16th, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The injectors are 2000 cc/min at 3 bar. Using the data supplied by Injector Dynamics, I reduced the IFR by 30% and left the stoich at 14.68 as a starting piont for the E85 tune. I'm not sure I'm going to leave it that way but the car should start and run with those settings.

I flashed the original file I read out of the car and the car starts. Of course the injectors are the wrong size in the file but the car will start. I even left the out of range errors in the file because they were there originally.

And on the A0001 and A0002 out of range errors. when I view the values in those 2 tables, EFILive shows the values to be 100 with an allowable range of 0-100. When I re-enter them as 100 and save the file the out of range errors go away.

The tunetool displays any out-of-range values by displaying the nearest min or max value... so if the corners are blue the cell is still OOR (even if an in-range value is displayed).

Have you gotten them in-range...?

I set a0000 to disable and had to set a0001 and a0002 to 99 to get the errors to go away. Resetting them to 100 would still give me an error when opening the file again. Anyway, the car went to not starting again even with the original tune loaded. As just something to try I disabled the steering collumn lock fuel disable and the vats. I had already tried just the vats by itself and it still woulsn't start. With the collumn lock disabled the car starts up everytime. Even with the new injector values ao I guess that is what it was. We are finishing the tune now.

You know, when I think about it, I remember GM did an OS update for column lock problems on the LS1 PCM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast