Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing after 6.7 After Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiCummins View Post
    All of the *0435 files appear be be auto files. Not sure if that is what is causing the problem but if you get me your e-mail, I can send you a stock 2008 Manual file. It's from a PU, not C&C but from what I hear all the guys tuning use PU files for the C&C. The calibration on the files I have is 72351430, OS 11720809.
    There was a 'manual' file on tunefiledepot but I didn't try it. Probly should've. But I'm more than willing to try your file. ofb1955@yahoo.com Thanks.

sent.....
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    You may find the Cummins ECM reference notes document some assistance in explaining the cause and cure of the B9999 code along with Checksum explanations.

This document can be found in your V8 software installation by clicking on you windows start icon, then navigating through Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents.

EFILive can only work with co-operation from the user. The software guides you to make your flash successful. The B9999 situation you've had indicates that there is a problem with your base file, without the warnings you are getting you could have hosed your ECM. This wouldn't happen with a stock ECM with a dealer flash, so perhaps you should take this beef back to the customer service personnel of box tuner that was previously loaded.

There are a number of Fummins successfully using EFILive, both that I know of post frequently on Cummins Forum and/or Competition Diesel. Zach @ Starlite Diesel tunes one of these vehicles, perhaps these people may be of some material assistance in your situation.

As for your Allison, which TCM are you using?

Cheers
    Cindy
    Cindy;
    Here's the numbers off the TCM.
    End Model P/N: 15079906 Broadcast Code: 9906
    S/N: BK9906M320520463
    Service Nbr: 15768288
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

Tried a different file. Didn't work. Tried it and another one with anti-theft disabled. Still didn't work. Truck starts then dies. I've tried 4 different files now in various configurations and it isn't working. Only one of the files has the same OS. But it don't work either. Guess I'm going to have to call a Dodge dealer and see if they'll flash my Fumison. Nearest one is 65 miles.
    2000 F350. Cummins 6.7 c&c. Allison 5sp. 4" ProComp lift. ARP head studs, BD Power Super B Special turbo, grid delete w/Shibby inline, ATS exhaust manifold, 5" exhaust w/AeroTurbine.

I'm wondering that since it's a manual file with an alison trans if the ecm needs to see the clutch safety switch satisfied or maybe a neutral indication. I'm going to bow out of this one and let the more knowledgeable people try and help.

Quote Originally Posted by KDubya View Post
    I'm wondering that since it's a manual file with an alison trans if the ecm needs to see the clutch safety switch satisfied or maybe a neutral indication. I'm going to bow out of this one and let the more knowledgeable people try and help.
    The original file I read from the ecm was a manual file. And it was working ok pretty much in stock and original form compared to other files. I've tried two different manual trans files. I tried an auto file too. I disabled the torque converter limiting as well as trying all the files with the anti-theft disabled. I did a comparison of the original file and a couple other files and can't see any differences that I haven't tried other than some fuel table differences that likely wouldn't keep them from working.

What vin are you putting in? Is it from the '08 c&c?

Quote Originally Posted by jklove View Post
    What vin are you putting in? Is it from the '08 c&c?
    It's the one from the file that I read from the ecm. It's an '08 Ram 4500 c&c engine.

Default Flashing after 6.7 After Smarty

I'm just throwing this out there. But are you programing the Ford VIN into the ECM?

Sorry. I just now saw the post above. It acts like its in theft mode. Are you not getting any codes because the theft are disabled in the file?
    Last edited by Motorzane; January 17th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorzane View Post
    I'm just throwing this out there. But are you programing the Ford VIN into the ECM?

Sorry. I just now saw the post above. It acts like its in theft mode. Are you not getting any codes because the theft are disabled in the file?
    No. It's a Dodge VIN. ECM came with the engine. Out of a '08 Ram 4500 C&C. This VIN is what's on the file that I read out of the ECM after Smarty. Had a Smarty tune in there when we first got it going. Went to Zeus. I like Zeus for summer use. But it has some cold start issues that are being worked on. So for the winter I'm running the stock ECM. Took Smarty off and don't have it anymore. ECM was "returned to stock" by Smarty. But we all know how that goes. I was hoping to bump this one up a little and improve economy by eliminating the post injection. I've tried several other files with various configurations. The anti-theft has been enabled and disabled. Didn't matter either way. It throws plenty of codes. Mostly emissions stuff. But I never see them because the engine ECM doesn't report that stuff to the Ford ECM. But I can read read them with AE or EFI. And these are from the original tune that starts and runs fine. I did a file comparison between this file and some others. Very little differences. I've even made a couple other files the same as the original using EFI and they still won't work. Smarty really screws them up. Sometimes I wish I hadn't taken Smarty off. It ran pretty good but the mileage was down. A stock ECM cleaned up should get better than 15 mpg. I'd like to try to get 20-22. That's what I get with Zeus. I wanted to see if I get that with this one And have a little more passing power too. But if I don't get in there to make some changes-- oh well. I'll just have to be happy using EFI to do transmission tuning behind a Zeus powered engine. I'm not going to spend much more time on this ECM, it's working for now. Spring is near.
    Last edited by WetMtnCrd; January 17th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast