Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing after 6.7 After Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by WetMtnCrd View Post
    ...Perhaps I've made a $1300 mistake in buying EFI Live thinking it might work on this truck/engine/tranmission combination. Can't read the Allison TCM either. Oh well. Ya never know til ya try.
    Don't take this the wrong way especially since I don't have all the answers, but... with this kind of program / situation, you can't just jump to conclusions like that. Here's to hoping it works out for you, if / when it does chances are it will be thanks to the software and support.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I tried the routine again today with no results. I changed the tunefiledepot file's VIN (entered it in the vin box) using V7.5 Tune and saved it. Flashed it--no good. Truck starts then dies. Flashed the tuenfiledepot unmodified file and used v7.5 scan on the "bidirectional" tab to change the vin--still no good. Starts then dies. Read the file back and it showed the vin change. So it appears to have accepted the change. But the truck still won't stay running. The Anti-Theft is enabled on the files. So what next? Are there any other stock oem files availble anywhere? Perhaps I've made a $1300 mistake in buying EFI Live thinking it might work on this truck/engine/tranmission combination. Can't read the Allison TCM either. Oh well. Ya never know til ya try.
    Is your original tune file a manual or auto file?
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Being as how you have all of the big 3 in one truck, I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe since it's in a Ford, the anti-theft needs to be disabled? I know in a Dodge that if it's flashed with it being disabled, it will run for a second or two and then die. How are all of your sensors? Is everything working as it should other than the main issue? Any codes?

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiCummins View Post
    Is your original tune file a manual or auto file?
    Manual.

Default Flashing after 6.7 After Smarty

Anti-theft needs to be turned off.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Lifetime Member

You may find the Cummins ECM reference notes document some assistance in explaining the cause and cure of the B9999 code along with Checksum explanations.

This document can be found in your V8 software installation by clicking on you windows start icon, then navigating through Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents.

EFILive can only work with co-operation from the user. The software guides you to make your flash successful. The B9999 situation you've had indicates that there is a problem with your base file, without the warnings you are getting you could have hosed your ECM. This wouldn't happen with a stock ECM with a dealer flash, so perhaps you should take this beef back to the customer service personnel of box tuner that was previously loaded.

There are a number of Fummins successfully using EFILive, both that I know of post frequently on Cummins Forum and/or Competition Diesel. Zach @ Starlite Diesel tunes one of these vehicles, perhaps these people may be of some material assistance in your situation.

As for your Allison, which TCM are you using?

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by KDubya View Post
    Being as how you have all of the big 3 in one truck, I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe since it's in a Ford, the anti-theft needs to be disabled? I know in a Dodge that if it's flashed with it being disabled, it will run for a second or two and then die. How are all of your sensors? Is everything working as it should other than the main issue? Any codes?
    The anti-theft is enabled in all the files I've tried. Even the original file has it enabled. And that one works ok. But that's exactly what's happening. It starts, runs for a couple seconds then dies with the new files. Not all sensors are installed. Just the esential ones. ECT, Fuel rail pressure, Boost pressure, MAF. No OAT, Baro, etc. As far as codes I really haven't paid much attention to them. There are usually a few when I've hooked up Auto Enginuity. There are no emissions stuff on here at all so I'm sure it throws a bunch of stuff for that. I use this ECM as a backup. I usually have a Zues installed. But we're having some high altitude cold start issues with Zeus and the stock ECM starts fine up here in cold weather. Was just hopeing to turn this one up a bit and get rid of the post injection for a slight increase in economy. The file in this ECM is a stock manual trans tune. Kinda weak but it starts and runs fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    You may find the Cummins ECM reference notes document some assistance in explaining the cause and cure of the B9999 code along with Checksum explanations.

This document can be found in your V8 software installation by clicking on you windows start icon, then navigating through Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents.

EFILive can only work with co-operation from the user. The software guides you to make your flash successful. The B9999 situation you've had indicates that there is a problem with your base file, without the warnings you are getting you could have hosed your ECM. This wouldn't happen with a stock ECM with a dealer flash, so perhaps you should take this beef back to the customer service personnel of box tuner that was previously loaded.

There are a number of Fummins successfully using EFILive, both that I know of post frequently on Cummins Forum and/or Competition Diesel. Zach @ Starlite Diesel tunes one of these vehicles, perhaps these people may be of some material assistance in your situation.

As for your Allison, which TCM are you using?

Cheers
    Cindy
    EFI seems to be working ok. The reads and flashes are working. Just the files aren't happy in this ECM. I'm just not sure I'm doing the vin change correctly. Appears to be two ways to do it. But when I've read the file back it showed the vin to be changed so I think it's working. But somethng else is not happy.
    I'll have to look at the TCM and see what it is.

Default Re: Flashing after 6.7 After Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Anti-theft needs to be turned off.
    Agreed, try this.

Manual.
    All of the *0435 files appear be be auto files. Not sure if that is what is causing the problem but if you get me your e-mail, I can send you a stock 2008 Manual file. It's from a PU, not C&C but from what I hear all the guys tuning use PU files for the C&C. The calibration on the files I have is 72351430, OS 11720809.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast