Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruze 0 to 60 results

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    So it would appear they took the easy/lazy route of just letting the knock learn factor correct for the change in fuel spec. It will certainly work, it's just not necessarily "optimal". The upside is that simply putting in 98RON will give you free power without a reflash locally. If they had remapped the high octane spark table for 91RON, you would not get all the benefit from adding premium fuel without a reflash.
    Yeah I can see the GM line of thinking on this, but I think the low table is still to high for our 91RON and the High is too High for 98RON. They almost needed to do a crude select all and drop 3 or 4 degrees on both tables. I say that because I've heard of audible knocking on Aussie Cruze's, now surely if it's at the point of audible knock the scaler has already biased to the low table 100% and has nowhere to go. In fact they tend to knock the worst at part mid throttle, not WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    This is likely the line of constant turbocharger shaft speed. The turbo manufacturer will recommend a max speed limit for their wheel (under warranty) and this results in limited boost at high engine speed even with a constant wastegate DC. Cranking the wastegate duty cycle up at high engine speed should allow for constant (or even increasing) boost at higher RPM, at the expense of higher turbo speeds and potentially reduced life. The "good" solution here is usually to just put a slightly bigger turbo on there.
    Well, there's no plans for that on this Cruze, but I do agree that is the best solution, but to be honest, living in the speed camera capital of the world winding this thing up isn't going to happen too often.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Great info, loving this thread! Keep it going please, I will also post my findings when I learn something interesting. Cruze is running great and averaging 30.5 MPG.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I am curious, how are you getting the ET counter to correspond with the moment you launch the car? Maybe I am missing something here, but your result is very realistic. Also, have you gotten runway highlighting to work on this? I am having trouble. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    I am curious, how are you getting the ET counter to correspond with the moment you launch the car?
    Based purely on VSS going above zero. At the last frame the VSS read zero I start the time calculation from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Also, have you gotten runway highlighting to work on this? I am having trouble. Thanks!
    I don't think it's been defined in the software yet, it's nothing you are doing wrong. It's starting to annoy me too so that gives some hope to get it fixed sooner rather than later
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well the wife and I did a test drive this weekend with the Cruze and she seems OK with it. Now it's down to payment and if she sees the same payment on a lease for the BMW 328i she wants to get that over the Cruze. I hate having to work the logic with people between purchasing a $25K and leasing $10,000 of a $45K car.. Oh well it's her choice.

At any rate for fun in the sun I did a 0-60 run in my sky the way done here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	060.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	13447
    The Teal line in the highlighted area is Throttle Position. I can't go WOT off the line or it will just spin.. So I eased into it and still spun a little after the first shift. Still put down a (IMO terrible) 6.862 0-60MPH time.
    So off the line the Cruze would give me a run for my money in this configuration. Normally I do 0-60 in 5.1-5.4 sec depending on the altitude, but I have been messing with my new injectors a lot trying to squeeze cold start numbers down to an acceptable number.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

@ Ross: cool thanks so I was thinking in the right direction on both of those questions.

@ Adam: sweet, and talk her into the Cruze! We both love it, it's beautiful, comfy and fun.

I have been tweaking a new tune all weekend, I am very limited by 93 max octane and 100% stock but I am still hopeful for 200 hp all tuning since I have been able to make BIG improvements in such a short time. Currently, my goal is to settle on a baseline tune with 180+ Delivered Torque PID, 30+ displayed avg. MPG, and less than 1.0 degree Knock Retard under any condition. Today, with Ambient temp displayed at 103 F, and Intake Air Temps well above 120 F, it made 184 Torque, and stayed at 30.3 MPG, but KR was still around 1.5. Will post logs later. With the wife driving it, I launched on her hard from a red light in a Saturn that runs consistent high 10s in the 1/8 mile, and after jumping a wheel spinning / hopping car on her in first gear she proceeded to pull a bus-length on me by 70 mph. So, the healthy lively Ion can not in fact smoke the docile Cruze in fact it pretty much spanked me. Oh well, I tuned it

I thought I would share some similar results running 50:50 methanol/water injection. I have a MAF referenced progressive injection system that is programmed to start the flow at around 70 g/sec mass air flow (~4300 Hz). At 20 psi boost I saw a 20hp / 20lb-ft gain measured at the wheels on the dyno. The increase is largely attributable to the additional 6-8 degrees of advance that was possible. The below 6.6sec 0-60mph run was captured at 300ft above sea level and 25C ambient conditions. 2011 Cruze LT 1.4T Automatic, K&N Typhoon intake, slightly larger compressor wheel. Everything else is stock at the moment.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by VTuner; July 19th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

You already did a 15.2 1/4 mile right Brian? I wonder if this improvement might just get you in the 14's?
    My Cruze is currently running on 72% E85, oddly enough still getting some knock retard above 8 degrees at WOT, however, exhaust cam position greatly affects this too.

Very nice and interesting!

This is my lastest log, up to 203 lb-ft Delivered Torque now - my best ever recorded. Knock Retard is very reasonable for 93 octane, less than 2 degrees but I am still working on it. This is at sea level and a humid 88 degrees F ambient, 100% stock. Hoping the average MPG will settle a tick or two above 30, and I can get that KR below 1.0. It's a challenge...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	203.png 
Views:	305 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	13539

203 Torque at 3541 RPM and over 22 psi Boost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast