Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when is an LBZ idle fix planned?

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    Why would you get flack for that? Its your choice to ruin you engine with a ridiculously low idle speed. It doesn't affect any of us...
    Others have run them down to 450, so it isn't a worry.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Lifetime Member

Default Re: when is an LBZ idle fix planned?

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Others have run them down to 450, so it isn't a worry.
    I'm not picking a fight but, says who? Who says idling them at 450 is fine? An engineer? A reputable engine builder? Personally I've run the a calc pid and there is no fuel savings to run them that low. And most of all I'd be worried about harmonics tearing apart crank and bearings. But that's just me do what you want.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    I'm not picking a fight but, says who? Who says idling them at 450 is fine? An engineer? A reputable engine builder? Personally I've run the a calc pid and there is no fuel savings to run them that low. And most of all I'd be worried about harmonics tearing apart crank and bearings. But that's just me do what you want.
    Just said it's been done without ill effects. I know GM set them at 600 for 01 yet the engine has a NASTY harmonic in it at 620-660. I know quite a few others have run them down to 550. I personally run 600 on mine as I see no advantage to running it any lower.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Lifetime Member

Default Re: when is an LBZ idle fix planned?

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Just said it's been done without ill effects. I know GM set them at 600 for 01 yet the engine has a NASTY harmonic in it at 620-660. I know quite a few others have run them down to 550. I personally run 600 on mine as I see no advantage to running it any lower.
    Immediate I'll affects.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

this is kind of what i meant, but i will have to admit that this site is a lot tamer the others that i visit.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

Lifetime Member

Default when is an LBZ idle fix planned?

We've looked at the comments in this thread and the historical reported incidents (or lack there of). There will be no review of the underlying code at this point. To do so exposes a greater range of customers who either do not have this issue, or have an effective tuning strategy to prevent it. It should also be mentioned that the underlying code has been static in its current form for the best part of 4 years.

This position would change if there was a measurable increase in reportable instances.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    We've looked at the comments in this thread and the historical reported incidents (or lack there of). There will be no review of the underlying code at this point. To do so exposes a greater range of customers who either do not have this issue, or have an effective tuning strategy to prevent it. It should also be mentioned that the underlying code has been static in its current form for the best part of 4 years.

This position would change if there was a measurable increase in reportable instances.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I can understand from your point the R&D time needed is not cost effective for the dwindling amount of older LBZ vehicles and out of them those who actually tweak on idle speed and would have this issue. BUT, if you say this code has been static and mature for a better part of 4 years and has still had this issue without being resolved we might as well not have an idle speed adjustment if it doesn't function correctly and will most likely never will at this point in time. I don't think there is any method to "tune" it out as I mentioned in this thread and the trouble ticked I put in a good two years ago, as soon as the A/C clutch engages or you begin rolling the base idle goes to the factory "680" idle preset irregardless what you set in B0701.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12