Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LB7 DSP5 Harsh Defuel Ghost

this is a little moldy, but I have to add a me too to share; you aren't alone. I've been chasing this for a week and finally gave up on 6006 and went back to the old OS... problem GONE. No matter what I did, the base tune would be wonderful and the tunes in folders 1,2,3, and 4 would defuel terribly. If I ran the tune as a single 6006 it was fine; put it in dsp5 and again nothing shifted well but the base tune.

The difference here though, is that I can't truly blame the OS! I re-wrote the tunes in the old OS converted to dsp5 (02444105) and every tune except tune 3 (dsp folder 2) was perfect. I copied all folders from dsp folder 1 into dsp folder 2 and it still had the bad de-fuel! WTF? So, I gave up. I went into tune 5 and added a little timing, reflashed and took the truck out -- all good. For the hell of it, I slipped it into dsp tune 3 and lo and behold the mystery defueling was gone. I am just totally puzzled!

I decided to just tell my buddy (I'm tuning his truck) to drive it this way for a while and see if 3 keeps working or gets screwy again. I'm tempted on one hand to tune that folder back to the level it was, but on the other hand I finally have 4 out of 5 tunes working and would hate to lose that, lol. I am at my whit's end with this "ghost".
    2008 LMM

n2brk,

Was your issue on an LB7 or a newer truck? Per my previous comment, make sure your Base Torque tables didn't switch to N-m units while the 'values' stayed in ft-lbs. I had this happen when switching to DSP5 on an LLY tune and really threw me for a loop for a bit until I realized what happened. Doesn't sound like this is the issue in your case though, as it wouldn't single out DSP2 only. It was all of the DSP tunes in my situation.

'02 lb7. When it was all of the DSP's in the 6006 OS, I checked to ensure it was all in imperial, so I had that covered -- but when I read that I thought that it was a great tip! It only took me like 3 days to think of it on my own, hahahahahaha.

I am still blaming the truck though, only because of the mysterious appearance and disappearance of the defueling in just one dsp tune at the end there. It's so weird!

My buddy insisted on more power in tune 5, (stock trans) that I finally bumped him up to 2100us with the "it's not if but when" speech... so I am sure I'll see this ECM again when he gets the trans rebuilt and wants a max effort tune, hahahaha.

Wally
    P.S. Perhaps note-worthy is a general communications error trouble code that popped up. I thought perhaps it was because he's been using a Banks on and off again just for the gauges, but maybe there's more to it?
    2008 LMM

U1000 was the code, IIRC
    2008 LMM

FWIW, I talked to my buddy this morning. The mystery defuel on tune 3 has returned. I opine that Elvis' ghost lives in his ECM... he says Tupac or Biggie; kids!
    2008 LMM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12