Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LB7 DSP5 Harsh Defuel Ghost

Exclamation LB7 DSP5 Harsh Defuel Ghost

Ive been chasing my tail on this and I cant figure it out. 2002 LB7 running 15186006 OS. The truck defuels hard on every dsp tune except for the base tune. I even tried making all the tunes match the base tune, but tunes 2-5 still defuel like crazy! Does anyone have a good clean 15186006 I could try? Or maybe there's a known solution for this. Seems like a software issue.... has anyone ran into this?

Lifetime Member

I did a search on a couple of the forums and it appears that 15186006 is the 'preferred' OS of choice. There are no reported issues that I can find with that OS.

There is a 15186006 stock file in the Tune library here http://www.tunefiledepot.com/index.p...Type=D&Stock=Y

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    I did a search on a couple of the forums and it appears that 15186006 is the 'preferred' OS of choice. There are no reported issues that I can find with that OS.

There is a 15186006 stock file in the Tune library here http://www.tunefiledepot.com/index.p...Type=D&Stock=Y

Cheers
    Cindy
    Thanks Cindy, that's where I pulled the15186006 OS I'm having the issues with... I'm honestly at a loss...I tried removing all defuel and still it fall on its face through the gears...

Did you build your tunes on your own? How does your rail pressure and PW look like in the upper RPM's? How about Boost pressure and Base Torque?
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHick1 View Post
    Did you build your tunes on your own? How does your rail pressure and PW look like in the upper RPM's? How about Boost pressure and Base Torque?
    Yeah, these are mine. Its a bone stock truck. Ive tuned a few of them withthis same basic setup and non reacted like this except for one other that had the same OS and year. I don't think its my tuning. Especially when the base tune runs great but the other 4 do not and they all are identical(for testing purposes). Meaning they should all drive the same, have the same horsepower, etc... but they don't. Not at all.

Huh something is most likely just a little country off causing it. I could take a look if you would like.

Ok...I just did a test using a fresh full flash of the factory OS 6006 from tunefiledepot. Just to make sure it's the right one I checked it in the TIS software for my tech 2 and it says that's the correct OS...So I then upgraded it to DSP5 OS & checked the segment ID#s. They all look the same still, so that's good. I then decided to not use my tuning and try a script that I bought from dmaxtuner a year and a half ago to see if maybe they had it figured out...this script has a couple HP levels that I could never use on this truck due to it being stock, so I drove it without them on...The tune worked great on my ole beater LB7 I used to have(back before I learned how to tune some stuff for myself), but I wouldn't put it on someone elses truck...way aggressive for a stock tranny if you ask me. It shifted just as funny and weird as it had before...so at least I don't think it's just me. Should I maybe start with an older OS and see if that fixes it? I could go with even newer than that but I know his AC won't work if I do...so that's not really a fix... I'm just chasing my tail...

Have you logged it while driving?

Did you reset the tap cells and do a fast relearn? Are you 1000% sure it's a defuel issue?

I know this is old, but make sure the "Base Torque" tables in the DSP tunes stayed in Ft*lbs and did not switch to Nm. I ran into the exact same thing with an LLY DSP5 tune and when I mapped it to DSP5 the units switched on the "Base Torque" tables in the DSP tunes only and made for a MASSIVE defuel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast