Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFI will not pull tune lock issue? can i reflash with stock tune file..

Default EFI will not pull tune lock issue? can i reflash with stock tune file..

EFI tuners? this is a recently purchased truck and has a dsp5 knob, but my hp tuners will not pull files nor will my buddy efi software so we assume it is locked.. i have reseached and seen where even a tech 2 will not flash back re stock as well.. my question is can trying a re flash with a stock lmm program from my buddy efi setup. will it work? will it damage ecu if not, or will it just not still connect? thus leaving me with no other options except a new ecu and re flash.., Thanks if can help.

2008 lmm

If it's an LMM then the lock will not stop it being flashed over, but it will indeed stop it being read.
    With a TechII or EFILive you should be able to flash over the top with another tune, however with HPTuners probably not because their system checks the VIN against the ECM OS and won't proceed if it doesn't get a match, in the case of a EFILive DSP5 OS they won't recognise it.
    Also, obviously if you relfash the ECM with a stock tune then you'll loose the DSP functions.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    If it's an LMM then the lock will not stop it being flashed over, but it will indeed stop it being read.
    With a TechII or EFILive you should be able to flash over the top with another tune, however with HPTuners probably not because their system checks the VIN against the ECM OS and won't proceed if it doesn't get a match, in the case of a EFILive DSP5 OS they won't recognise it.
    Also, obviously if you relfash the ECM with a stock tune then you'll loose the DSP functions.
    well should i just let gm reflash it first try before my buddy does a reflash and changes the vin with efi? im okay with loosing function of dsp5 cause i have no clue what is what and my over heat issue while towing although may not be tune related but may being i have no clue what stock is.. thoughts?

i work better by phone if gmpx u would call me.. 573-450-2538 Thanks

Lifetime Member

I'm sorry we do not offer telephone support directly, and certainly don't offer telephone support for people who are not using our product. Our reseller network and distributors in the USA do offer telephone support for our customers, however given today is a holiday I doubt any of them are working. Perhaps you should contact HP Tuners telephone support given you are using their product.

Your 2 options are to take your truck to a dealer and have them reflash the vehicle to stock, or use your buddy's EFILive and obtain a stock tune from a tune library and reflash your vehicle to stock. Your buddy would need to license your ECM to his FlashScan device to do this - VIN licenses can be purchased through our online store for $125.00.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    I'm sorry we do not offer telephone support directly, and certainly don't offer telephone support for people who are not using our product. Our reseller network and distributors in the USA do offer telephone support for our customers, however given today is a holiday I doubt any of them are working. Perhaps you should contact HP Tuners telephone support given you are using their product.

Your 2 options are to take your truck to a dealer and have them reflash the vehicle to stock, or use your buddy's EFILive and obtain a stock tune from a tune library and reflash your vehicle to stock. Your buddy would need to license your ECM to his FlashScan device to do this - VIN licenses can be purchased through our online store for $125.00.

Cheers
    Cindy
    so to be clear u can have re flash with a tech 2 from gm and or his efi tuning with a stock tune file will work.. neither system is even able to read tune files all fuses are good for communication as well... is it correct if was tuner locked you can pull but not modify or what will we see error wise with efi..?

As i said earlier..........
    Your HPTuners software won't flash it because it doesn't know what the DSP OS is, EFILive or TechII will be able to flash another tune in. The LMM ECM can't be locked from flashing, but it can be locked from reading which is what has happened with your vehicle.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

okay well i will just leave the dsp5 on it and let gm re flash to stock, and then i will be addressing the over heat issue into limp mode after knowing it is not tune related.. truck is useless not being able to tow. but seeing i can not be sure what the tunes are on it this is best option seeing dealer is paying for the issue. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    As i said earlier..........
    Your HPTuners software won't flash it because it doesn't know what the DSP OS is, EFILive or TechII will be able to flash another tune in. The LMM ECM can't be locked from flashing, but it can be locked from reading which is what has happened with your vehicle.
    gm just called and there software will not let it put a factory tune in it either so guess that theory did not work.. ideas and or thoughts?

it is a 5 position and four clicks.. one setting is a high idle if matters.. what are we missing?

Quote Originally Posted by van383 View Post
    gm just called and there software will not let it put a factory tune in it either so guess that theory did not work.. ideas and or thoughts?
    Yes, the dealer has no idea how to use TIS.
    They just need to choose the "Replace Controller" option and then TIS won't check what is already in the ECM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast