Thread: EFI will not pull tune lock issue? can i reflash with stock tune file..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If it's an LMM then the lock will not stop it being flashed over, but it will indeed stop it being read.
    With a TechII or EFILive you should be able to flash over the top with another tune, however with HPTuners probably not because their system checks the VIN against the ECM OS and won't proceed if it doesn't get a match, in the case of a EFILive DSP5 OS they won't recognise it.
    Also, obviously if you relfash the ECM with a stock tune then you'll loose the DSP functions.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    If it's an LMM then the lock will not stop it being flashed over, but it will indeed stop it being read.
    With a TechII or EFILive you should be able to flash over the top with another tune, however with HPTuners probably not because their system checks the VIN against the ECM OS and won't proceed if it doesn't get a match, in the case of a EFILive DSP5 OS they won't recognise it.
    Also, obviously if you relfash the ECM with a stock tune then you'll loose the DSP functions.
    well should i just let gm reflash it first try before my buddy does a reflash and changes the vin with efi? im okay with loosing function of dsp5 cause i have no clue what is what and my over heat issue while towing although may not be tune related but may being i have no clue what stock is.. thoughts?