Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cant flash an 07

I send almost ALL of my customers to the dealer to get a fresh file..JUST to be SURE its completely CLEAN!!!

Ive had ghosts...that ive tore my hair out over.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Unfortunately Les is correct, I can't think of one hand held tuner that actually returns the ECM to 100% true as it left the factory stock.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder_Keg View Post
    So if those of us that have been able to flash but want a clean factory file shouldn't go to the dealer now to have it done? I know you said you don't think it's possible but I'm just wondering if anybody else knows for sure. Or had the dealer flash the ECM and then find out that the new boot loader is on there?

On another note. Is there anybody out there that has a clean manual file that could be flash gotten for us manual trucks? I know that tune file depot doesn't have any manual files, last time I checked.
    What year is your truck? I got my manual file off the TFD, if you are having trouble getting one, let me know, I will send you one.
    2007.5 Dodge 3500 - some power mods with a 48re behind it

Quote Originally Posted by 4NEATR View Post
    What year is your truck? I got my manual file off the TFD, if you are having trouble getting one, let me know, I will send you one.
    2008 That would be great if you could send me a clean factory file! I don't know my OS cause my computer is at home.

Crazyfast2002@gmail.com

Thanks!

had another one come in today with same situation. A H&S tuner worked on it with no issues. But didn't chance efi it had the same boot loader as last one and computer was replaced by Dodge this week
    Joe Kupferschmid
    Daves Diesel Angola
    www.angoladavesdiesel.com
    Diesel and gas tuning
    Personal Vehicles tunes with efi 06LBZ, 05lly, 2002 Z28, 2004 Gto

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    had another one come in today with same situation. A H&S tuner worked on it with no issues. But didn't chance efi it had the same boot loader as last one and computer was replaced by Dodge this week
    Is it safe to assume the H&S still works because the checksum routines are broken and the values are forced to known good ones (that the bootloader is comparing too)?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Just to be sure I understand.
    EFILive will not with that specific bootloader?
    H&S will tune the ECM with that bootloader?
    Once one does this with H&S and return it back to stock one cannot still do anything to the ECM with EFILIve?
    Or once H&S has been used that EFILive can write over the ECM?

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

i have flashed 6.7 controllers with 601 boot loader, simply down loaded h&s tuner, returned to stock & then blew tuned file in.

Quote Originally Posted by kenturbo View Post
    i have flashed 6.7 controllers with 601 boot loader, simply down loaded h&s tuner, returned to stock & then blew tuned file in.
    So are you saying you loaded a H&S Tune into the ECM then pulled the tune with a V2 returned the tune to stock with H&S then uploaded a new EFI LIVE tune? Am I understanding this correctly?
    Thanks.
    Roger
    2006 4x4 Dually Quad 6 speed stock now running EFI Live Tune.

start to finish - read pcm with v2, did not notice i had 601 boot loader. made all mods to tune & blew file in. truck had no crank situation. i then reinstalled original tune & started truck. loaded h&s tuner in truck & road tested, brought back in shop & returned pcm to stock with h&s tuner, i then flashed in original efi live tune & all ok, i did not reread pcm at that point to see if boot loader had changed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast