Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TLIQ tuning.

The ecm has many limit tables built into it, MAF limiting, Timing Limiting, Fuel Pressure Limiting..........etc.
    Also there are add on tables, that add fuel pressure, timing, fuel, etc all based off ECT, IAT, BARO, etc.

Then you have the TQ limit tables on the 2003/2004 LB7's and the 2004.5/2005 LLY's is table B1106.

All those tables mean something and do something.........the key to learning how they all work is to only change what you have to and make sure it changes and doesn't stay the same, you have to diligently log the changes to learn what they do and they affect the engine and the power/driveability.

If you raise the numbers in the TBIQ table and do not alter the Base Tq and TLIQ tables you won't get it to shift right or respond, but you still have to address the other limiting tables and add-on tables so that it will do what you are asking it to do.

My best advice is to study the way the factory set up the tables and make your changes small and few, then as you see the results when you try to fix whatever you do not like only change one table at a time until you get the desired results or else you could be chasing your tail for a long time
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    If you raise the numbers in the TBIQ table and do not alter the Base Tq and TLIQ tables you won't get it to shift right or respond, but you still have to address the other limiting tables and add-on tables so that it will do what you are asking it to do.

My best advice is to study the way the factory set up the tables and make your changes small and few, then as you see the results when you try to fix whatever you do not like only change one table at a time until you get the desired results or else you could be chasing your tail for a long time
    true, true, true. been there done that. kept kicking myself in the head until a light bulb went off (don't recommend that last part) . i now have a much better grasp of the TBIQ/BT/TLIQ and their relationship. makes tuning much faster, not to mention safer.

listen to what the experts have to say, then study, study, study then apply. you are better off knowing what you are doing then guessing. if you have to guess then start small and log it until you know what you are doing.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12