Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2008 LMM DSP5 switch not working.

Quote Originally Posted by drthv8r View Post
    Hello all. I back probed the red wire and there's no voltage there, so much for believing in the V2 and the PIDs for reading the voltage correctly for me. I guess that's pay back for being lazy and not double checking using a meter. I made sure the red wire went into the correct pin hole and also made sure the locking tab on the red wire was pointed towards the center line of the connector. I didn't force it when it went in originally and it went in pretty far I've just been using things to try to push it down into the connector more since I couldn't get anything to work thinking maybe it just wasn't seated down far enough and making a loose contact. I'll try to get the pin back out without pulling the pin off the wire and see what's going on with it.

I guess I'm down to the locking pin not being inserted the correct way, the ECM has a dead spot where the pin connects to (that would be my luck) or the pin on the end of the wire isn't making contact with the red wire. Monte made an excellent detailed video and I thank him for that. I guess the one good thing with all this is I can now remove the ECM connectors blindfolded...lol. Thanks once again for all the feedback.
    You use a small sewing needle to release the pin from below, pull it out. It should slide in like the slot is lubed with basically no force applied. You should hear a click and then push it in a little bit further with a safety pin or REALLY small punch.

I'd make 100% sure it's in the right connector (Top one which is larger) and double check the wire number the wire next to it.

5v Non DSP means that you do NOT have a connection as I stated above.

Non dsp or 4.98 volts means your wires aren't connected. Ground at the battery and recheck the hole its installed in. Sounds like its fully seated, so its likely the wrong hole.
    If you break a pin or it doesn't come out be very careful how you proceed. I have a tutorial on another forum on how to remove broken pins, so let me know if you need that and I'll post it up. DO NOT try to extra the terminal without reading it, there is a LOT of bad information on the internet and you don't want to ruin the connector.

Ground at the battery so you know you have a good ground. You can actually cut that end off (make sure you leave plenty of wire as a tail) and ground there so you have your other terminal pin available. Then if you absolutely need you can use that terminal if the other is messed up OR you can solder the wires back together and eventually ground at the ECM. Personally mine is grounded to the body directly without any issues.

It's well worth it once you get everything installed, can just be a PITA till you get there.
    Tony - 09 LMM

Did you pull the purple horseshoe out of the connector ???

If not then the pin will never make contact
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123